The Student Room Group

bio unit 2 help

can someone please explain this question ... the correct answer is the last one.. what has temp got to do with differential gene expression???
thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by pondsteps
can someone please explain this question ... the correct answer is the last one.. what has temp got to do with differential gene expression???
thanks x

Have you checked that is the correct answer or there could be a mistake on the answer sheet, I think its the middle one.
Differential gene expression would be a gene that would respond to a stimulus and then be expressed (or not), temperature would be the stimulus for the turtle eggs.
Both the top and the bottom answers basically come down to an increase in temp causes an increase in enzyme activity and therefore faster division/photosynthesis which wouldn't be differential gene expression.
I think you should check with your teacher if the mark scheme is wrong or if its a past paper question you could look for unofficial mark schemes that often float around on here and do tend to be very good.
Original post by Tenrec
Have you checked that is the correct answer or there could be a mistake on the answer sheet, I think its the middle one.
Differential gene expression would be a gene that would respond to a stimulus and then be expressed (or not), temperature would be the stimulus for the turtle eggs.
Both the top and the bottom answers basically come down to an increase in temp causes an increase in enzyme activity and therefore faster division/photosynthesis which wouldn't be differential gene expression.
I think you should check with your teacher if the mark scheme is wrong or if its a past paper question you could look for unofficial mark schemes that often float around on here and do tend to be very good.

ohh thank u so much!
yes i had the wrong markscheme version

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending