The Student Room Group

Running out of things to do for revision...?

Doong 5 hours a day but now running out if things to do for them 5 hours - what should I do, there only a limited number of past papers I can do and ive been through my notes a lot of times?
Cheers.
Original post by Coolme12345
Doong 5 hours a day but now running out if things to do for them 5 hours - what should I do, there only a limited number of past papers I can do and ive been through my notes a lot of times?
Cheers.

oh my gosh im in the same position as you I don't know what to do either all notes content is all complete past papers too what r u revising we can revise together
Flashcards/mindmaps/quizzes..do past papers from diff exam boards.
Reply 3
So your saying you've already revised everything for the exams?
Original post by sulaimanali

GREAT IDEA¬!!!! Im going to use other exam board papers wy didn't I think of that
Reply 5
Original post by chris2791
GREAT IDEA¬!!!! Im going to use other exam board papers wy didn't I think of that

Dont do pastpapers from other exam boards questions and answer required is different
reduce your hours so that you are still consistently revising each day and don't forget the content? idk because i'm not in your blessed position :lol:
Original post by sulaimanali

nah because since these will be done quite recently, you might get used to their format and the way their mark schemes work (which may be wrong for your exam board)
The only subject I still have stuff tomdonfor is English Literature and ive got a lot to for it, what if it goes down to me doing 4 hours of just english literature everyday and an hour on a different subject - does this matter? Is it alright to do ome subject most of the time?
Reply 9
The only subject I still have stuff tomdonfor is English Literature and ive got a lot to for it, what if it goes down to me doing 4 hours of just english literature everyday and an hour on a different subject - does this matter? Is it alright to do ome subject most of the time?

Yeah it should be fine. I'm doing the same but I'm giving majority importance to science and maths as they are my weakest subjects. Then in between I do history, Spanish Etc
Find other ways of revising - certain websites might give you quizzes and questions on various subjects/topic areas (ex. bitesize) and past papers from other exam boards /might/ work if you only focus on the topics you have covered in your own exam board as well.
Cheers.

1) Do huge (and I'm talking A3 sized) mindmaps for each module/unit. Stick them onto the wall if possible.
2) According to my biology teacher, "You can never do too many past papers!" (though I would disagree, but hey teachers know their stuff)
3) If it's maths, consider looking at papers from other exam boards, GCSE further maths or even C1 from the A-Level. You can never complete all questions on those topics.
4) If it's a MFL, go around the house with sticky notes (if parents will allow it) and label objects with the foreign language. Who knows, it may even benefit the rest of the people living in your house.
5) Hold study sessions with friends. Test each other on topics etc.
6) Ask your teachers! It appears that they have an endless supply of material.
7) You mentioned doing 5 hours of work per day. Remember quality not quantity. Can you think of any methods that would decrease the time needed but allow you to learn more? Not only will this help your GCSEs but it will also benefit your A-Levels where there will be A LOT more content being squeezed into another 2 year course.

Hope this has helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest