The Student Room Group

Mixed or single sex accomodation?

I'm applying for accomodation for September and wanted opinions on which one is better??
Also, I'm a muslim girl, do all muslim girls usually apply for single sex? I wouldn't really mind mixed as long as I have my own bathroom.
I've heard all girls can be kind of bitchy and it's mainly international students who occupy these flats, is this true?
(I have firmed the uni of Sheffield.)
Reply 1
Help
Original post by Laylaaa_
I'm applying for accomodation for September and wanted opinions on which one is better??
Also, I'm a muslim girl, do all muslim girls usually apply for single sex? I wouldn't really mind mixed as long as I have my own bathroom.
I've heard all girls can be kind of bitchy and it's mainly international students who occupy these flats, is this true?
(I have firmed the uni of Sheffield.)

Try the Uni of Sheffield forum on here
My experience is that more muslim girls wanted to live in an all girls flat but it certainly wasn't the case that either all muslim girls lived in all female flats or that all female flats were full of international students. Personally I preferred being in a mixed flat as I found guys were a bit more chilled about in flat issues and it took the edge of some of the bitchiness you get with girls but it's really your call, I doubt it will make or break your university experience either way. The bitchiness of a flat depends a bit more on the specific people in it than the gender though. And, I'm just saying, but sharing a bathroom doesn't mean anyone's going to see you naked or anything, you'll have a lock on the door.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending