The Student Room Group

Adjustment for IB students

Hi I'm an IB student currently residing in America. I am from London and I am coming back soon for uni once results are confirmed. I got 1/5 offers for law and recently just changed my mind to study journalism instead and I also want to go to a different uni than the one I have chosen for my firm choice. I have a few questions surrounding this.
1. Do I have wait until A levels results day to apply through adjustment?
2. If I do not achieve my desired scores, do I have to wait until a levels results day to apply through clearing?
3. Can I call the unis I prefer myself on IB results day without the use of UCAS and gain a place?

Thank you!!!!
Original post by Salsal25
Hi I'm an IB student currently residing in America. I am from London and I am coming back soon for uni once results are confirmed. I got 1/5 offers for law and recently just changed my mind to study journalism instead and I also want to go to a different uni than the one I have chosen for my firm choice. I have a few questions surrounding this.
1. Do I have wait until A levels results day to apply through adjustment?
2. If I do not achieve my desired scores, do I have to wait until a levels results day to apply through clearing?
3. Can I call the unis I prefer myself on IB results day without the use of UCAS and gain a place?

Thank you!!!!

Before considering adjustment, Ucas extra is available to you so look into that first before considering using adjustment in august.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Before considering adjustment, Ucas extra is available to you so look into that first before considering using adjustment in august.

I have already chosen my firm choice and I accepted the offer so it won't let me apply with extra. I just wanted it for security, but ultimately I'd like to go through clearing to get into the uni I truly want to. My firm is Brunel for law but I'd like to go to either City or Westminster for journalism. Do you know if I can apply through clearing as soon as I get my results?
Original post by Salsal25
I have already chosen my firm choice and I accepted the offer so it won't let me apply with extra. I just wanted it for security, but ultimately I'd like to go through clearing to get into the uni I truly want to. My firm is Brunel for law but I'd like to go to either City or Westminster for journalism. Do you know if I can apply through clearing as soon as I get my results?

No, you have to phone up Brunel to be released into clearing first which can take a few hours which when it comes to clearing time is of the essence. If you don't want to go to Brunel then you should get released before results day to save unnecessary stress.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending