The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Film and Media Studies- Unconditionals?

Hi all!
I'm wondering if anyone applying for courses in the school fo media has received an unconditional offer this year?
As far as i'm aware, the generally accepted level to gain entry to the course is 280 UCAS points- I currently am looking at obtaining A*A*A (Film, Media, Fine art), and am holding 4 other offers from uni of leeds, uni of liverpool, lancaster uni and keele uni! Manchester Met is the only Uni of this level i've applied to so im not really sure how they work- has anyone else got an unconditional and do i stand a chance at one?
Thanks a lot!! :0
Got a reply today- got an offer subject to conditions??? Seems wild to me considering theyre asking for 280 UCAS points and i should be getting 380-400! I hoped unis would want to ensure places for students achieving significantly over the threshold but i guess not!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by vannahpollock
Hi all!I'm wondering if anyone applying for courses in the school fo media has received an unconditional offer this year?As far as i'm aware, the generally accepted level to gain entry to the course is 280 UCAS points- I currently am looking at obtaining A*A*A (Film, Media, Fine art), and am holding 4 other offers from uni of leeds, uni of liverpool, lancaster uni and keele uni! Manchester Met is the only Uni of this level i've applied to so im not really sure how they work- has anyone else got an unconditional and do i stand a chance at one?Thanks a lot!! :0

I think if you are still in education all your offers will be put down as conditional. I have two unconditional offers from MMU one in advertising and design and the other is the same but it's a sandwich course. I don't even have enough UCAS points I only have 240 because I did a btec at college but for the past two years I've got some work experience and got myself an apprenticeship so I guess they just like my work and like the experience I have behind me. I was so shocked when I found out I had a place unconditionally I didn't even think i would get a place at all considering I don't have enough points! You seem like the ideal student so I'm sure if they have accepted me they will defiantly accept you! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending