The Student Room Group

loans

Any people applying to or are currently doing a NHS funded course...HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH MONEY??
I am in the process of sending off my student finance application as I am planning to study adult nursing this September. I have been given next to nothing in terms of a maintenance loan because of the 9K tuition fees being paid for me
I am also not eligible for a bursary so all i get is the maximum loan i am able to receive which is about 2.4K..a year! not even enough to cover my rent alone. I am slightly stressed about this as i am unsure why I've been given so little in the means of help, i wouldn't say i come from a wealthy family, we are pretty bog standard which is why it is confusing.
Is it just me or are the gov harsh on all NHS funded courses in terms of the money they will grant them?
Original post by helena_jane27
Any people applying to or are currently doing a NHS funded course...HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH MONEY??
I am in the process of sending off my student finance application as I am planning to study adult nursing this September. I have been given next to nothing in terms of a maintenance loan because of the 9K tuition fees being paid for me
I am also not eligible for a bursary so all i get is the maximum loan i am able to receive which is about 2.4K..a year! not even enough to cover my rent alone. I am slightly stressed about this as i am unsure why I've been given so little in the means of help, i wouldn't say i come from a wealthy family, we are pretty bog standard which is why it is confusing.
Is it just me or are the gov harsh on all NHS funded courses in terms of the money they will grant them?

Why arent you eligible for NHS bursary? Everyone is supposed to get 1k regardless of income from them, something doesnt sound right here. Is your household income over 60k?
I have no idea, my parents filled in their financial information but I can't imagine out household income is over that.
I have sent off my application so now I'll just see if anything changes but as far as I'm aware it said nothing about a bursary...oh dear haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending