Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boyfriends and uni, does it work?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I've got a great boyfriend who I've been with for over a year and a half now. I can see myself being with him for a long time and this is the year that we go off to uni or whatever we choose to do. I am not expecting to go to the same university as him or anything like that. I wondered if anybody has been in a similar situation as this and can give any advice or let me know how it worked out/is working for you? I can imagine it being really difficult to adapt and to be able to trust each other to stay faithful not matter how strong the relationship may be

Yes, it definitely can work! If you trust them completely then there's no issue in that respect, as you don't need to worry about them cheating or anything.

When I started uni my boyfriend actually went travelling around New Zealand, so it was VERY long distance. It was hard not being able to see him but we trust each other and so we don't worry about the other staying faithful.

Imo, if you're genuinely concerned that the other person wil cheat then there's clearly a lack of trust between you, which is going to be a massive issue if long distance.

So basically, if there's trust issues then the relationship is going to be very difficult for the both of you. If you trust each other then there's no reason why you couldn't make it work long distance.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.