The Student Room Group

First Car Thread - Show off or not..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy98
Meh, I'm gutted cause I was expecting to pass; plus I can't afford another test myself so I need my parents to start paying :tongue:

Hahaha that guy sounds good

Well then, if you fail again, you're going to be absolutely ridiculed! SO DON'T FAIL AGAIN!!! Haha, to be honest, my parents were happy to pay for my test as it meant they wouldn't have to drive me around!!!
Reply 41
Original post by mobbsy91
Well then, if you fail again, you're going to be absolutely ridiculed! SO DON'T FAIL AGAIN!!! Haha, to be honest, my parents were happy to pay for my test as it meant they wouldn't have to drive me around!!!

Ahh, I'll still beat my mum even if I take 4 :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by FireFreezer77
I have a Fiag Grande Punto currently. Had i for just over 10 months.
It sufers from massive understeer. Sometimes the front just washes over the road. I think its the tyres tbh. Theyre cheap and made by a brand i havent heard of before (evergreen).
They were brand new when i bought the car too, theyre crap!
Apart from that its perfectly fine, a little underpowered, but its a good first car.

That might be worth getting someone to look at? Might not be tyre related after all?
Original post by neb789
That might be worth getting someone to look at? Might not be tyre related after all?

I might do. Although i havent seen many good reviews on these tyres. Lots of people are having these issues also.
I want a new set of Michelins on it but that would cost £300 and i want to try and save money at the moment.
Reply 44
Original post by FireFreezer77
I might do. Although i havent seen many good reviews on these tyres. Lots of people are having these issues also.
I want a new set of Michelins on it but that would cost £300 and i want to try and save money at the moment.

Describe the problem with steering again?

New tyres can make all the difference safety wise too
Original post by neb789
Describe the problem with steering again?

New tyres can make all the difference safety wise too

Sometimes under cornering, the front end will just slide across the road. The tyres dont grip the surface enough, even when theyre up to temperature. Theyre horrible to drive on.

A new set of premium tyres will make a huge difference. Michelins are the best imo.
'08 Mitsubishi Lancer - 22 months with this thirsty pile of ****, but I love it to bits.

My first car was a 78 Volvo 164, bought it in 1993 for SEK1000 and had it for a grand total of 19 days before it went up in flames.

Later that year I had an A-reg Austin Metro, It was a decent 1st car and used to be a very common sight on British roads, Haven't seen one for over 5 years now, the last time I saw one it was also an A-reg one driven by an OAP who had it since new, surprisingly it hadn't rusted away.
Mercedes a200d AMG styling 65 plate , it's damn fine only bought it about 2 weeks ago
Original post by PRICEALYASEEN
Mercedes a200d AMG styling 65 plate , it's damn fine only bought it about 2 weeks ago

Or did you buy an Audi A3? Seems like you may have your timeline out of sync.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neb789
My first car was a Nissan Terrano 1986 R3m, loved it to bits as i bought it myself! :biggrin: any better? Or worse? :h:

2009 Toyota Corolla with 1.8l naturally aspirated petrol engine.

Quick Reply

Latest