The Student Room Group

Female Proster gets maced after punching man at a Trump Rally

Scroll to see replies

Looked like it was a kind of twitch reaction. Makes me wonder why he had pepper spray so immediately to hand.

Her glasses got in the way.

Ah, the world of Donald Trump and his supporters.

Also, what's Omar Sharif doing there? Especially since he died last year.
Original post by Howard
No it isn't.

If you take a mace to the face you're unlikely to survive. On the other hand pepper spray causes no lasting damage.
Original post by JG1233
That is self defence. If the person is defending themselves from further harm and the only way to do it is to fight, sure.

But are you telling me that entire crowd of hundreds of Trump supporters plus security couldn't defend themselves from her without punching or pepper spray?

I'm not only talking about self-defence. that's only half of the equation. retribution is the other half. because we're talking about justice *and* safety. why aren't you considering retribution at all? are you a pacifist or something? this is really weird

If somebody is beating you up on the street you can defend yourself. If you then proceed to kick the crap out of them when they are down of course you would be arrested because you are no longer defending yourself.

pepper spray is a stunning technique that stops people attacking/resisting arrest. of course it's okay to combat punches with pepper spray. they fully deserve it if 1) they punch, and 2) they punch first and unprovoked.
Violence should never involve gender specific 'guidelines' one person was violent to another person who defended themself. She shouldn't have used violence, it's never the right option for resolving anything and she had no right regardless
Screw gender equality! If you wanna throw punches, you'd better be ready for the consequences!
Reply 25
Original post by morgan8002
If you take a mace to the face you're unlikely to survive. On the other hand pepper spray causes no lasting damage.

Mace is a brand of pepper spray (in fact it's the biggest brand name out there). I happen to have some at home. So this guy was using pepper spray and the chances are, the brand he was using was Mace.

Mace "for proper" is a type of tear gas that is most often used to disperse crowds. Whether you'd survive a direct hit in the face from this type of mace (the tear gas variety) I don't know but that wasn't what he was using so it's a moot point.
Reply 26
Original post by Blondie987
Violence should never involve gender specific 'guidelines' one person was violent to another person who defended themself. She shouldn't have used violence, it's never the right option for resolving anything and she had no right regardless

Sometimes it's the ONLY option.
Original post by Howard
Sometimes it's the ONLY option.

Only ever in self defence which would again be in the case of unnecessary violence in the first place
Original post by Howard
Mace is a brand of pepper spray (in fact it's the biggest brand name out there). I happen to have some at home. So this guy was using pepper spray and the chances are, the brand he was using was Mace.

Mace "for proper" is a type of tear gas that is most often used to disperse crowds. Whether you'd survive a direct hit in the face from this type of mace (the tear gas variety) I don't know but that wasn't what he was using so it's a moot point.

Mace "for proper" is a club or chain with a weighted ball at the end of it, possibly spiked.

I'm going to need a source on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
I'm going to need a source on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

On which part?
Original post by JG1233
I detest Trump as much as the next person

Speak for yourself
She's obviously been studying John Prescott. Teh jabz.
Reply 33
Methinks the guy was about to use his pepper spray anyway. It was already in his hand. I also think it's quite disproportionate to use it on a teenage girl that was hardly a threat.

I however don't understand why these people need to protest in Trump's rallies? Methinks they are looking for trouble. I hate Salafi, but I won't go in a Salafi mosque and start to insult the guys there.
Mace "for proper" is a club or chain with a weighted ball at the end of it, possibly spiked.

Personally, I've always prefered the former for personal defence, but each to their own.
On which part?

The first part.
Original post by Howard
No it isn't.

I dont trust white supremacists.
Original post by Silver Arrow
Screw gender equality! If you wanna throw punches, you'd better be ready for the consequences!

...so how would that be meaning "screw gender equality" when you're implying that gender isn't involved? that would actually be a matter of equality when both genders should be held to the same standards as you're suggesting
Well... she kind of had it coming.

Next time you punch someone do not be surprised with mace.
Reply 39
Original post by youngmetro
i dont trust white supremacists.

dilligaf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending