Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Second Degree in a diffrent subject

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am looking to start a course doing history and history of art as an undergraduate, but i have already graduated from uni 4 years ago doing fashion design with a 2.1, but the entry requirements for this course are either a history a level or BTEC in a appropriate subject, i have a Distinction in Art & Design from college but i don't know if this would be classes as appropriate even though i did study art history on this course, i'm hoping i don't have to go all the way back to college, does anyone have any knowledge on this and can help me?

    Do you have the money to pay for a second degree? You can't get student loans I'm afraid. As for the entry requirements, email the university and ask them if your BA degree is sufficient for entry - I would be surprised if they said no.
    • Thread Starter

    I am aware of the costs but i will have money for it, i have emailed the uni, i did also consider doing my masters but i feel like id be waking into a world i havn't dealt with before, sometime i feel like i need like a guidance councillor like they have in America
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.