The Student Room Group

Jobs which don't involve sitting in an office

What are some jobs which don't involve sitting in an office all day but requires a degree?

Scroll to see replies

I would like to know this too.
same position
Original post by Ybsy75
What are some jobs which don't involve sitting in an office all day but requires a degree?

teacher, some types of doctor, social worker, nurse, physio therapist, occupational therapist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Therapist (Occupational therapist, physiotherapist, speech and language)
Outdoor work e.g gardener/conservationist/landscape gardener
Sports therapist
Activity instructor
Rural land management/estate agent

Most jobs involving public interaction are not fully based behind a desk
Original post by ShadowyPrincess
Sports therapist
Activity instructor

Most of those don't require a degree though
Reply 6
Original post by Ybsy75

Lots in the environmental field! Ecologists, Environmental health inspectors, geologists, hydrologists etc.

There's also engineers, surveyors, vets, teachers....

You need to narrow it down by thinking of an area.
Original post by jelly1000
Most of those don't require a degree though

I know, was just trying to provide some more options
Field Engineer, Reservoir Engineer, Field Geologist, Area Manager for a retail brand etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Drug dealer, gangster, hit man if you're bout that lyfe
Interpreters
Original post by ShadowyPrincess
Sports therapist
Activity instructor

a field biologist?
Reply 12
What about jobs which help people too?
Builder, you might be building offices though
Reply 14
Original post by JohnGreek
Nursing?

What do you mean by "helping other people" exactly? Are you just looking for interaction with others (like in real estate), or carrying out some benevolent acts (such as those in health-related professions)?

As long as it helps people or a group of people and it's obvious that you've done so, anything.
Barrister.
Reply 16
Why do you absolutely have to get a degree? Why narrow down your choices of jobs/career based on the fact that they require a degree that you might not need to do a job you would actually much prefer? It sounds as if you are trying to justify going to university by setting a very specific and blinkered goal.
Reply 17
Original post by Jack98
Why do you absolutely have to get a degree? Why narrow down your choices of jobs/career based on the fact that they require a degree that you might not need to do a job you would actually much prefer? It sounds as if you are trying to justify going to university by setting a very specific and blinkered goal.

Most well paid careers require a degree. If I just wanted to do something I'd enjoy I'd probably be a healthcare support worker or something but they're so low paid its not sustainable in the long run.
Reply 18
What about it not being the issue that a job NEEDS a degree, but that a degree helps you to get a job in a area if you have one. And as it's always all over the news how many less jobs/more unemployment partially in young people having a degree may help you get a job when you finish-plus probably looks better on a CV than many unemployed years.

I'm not saying you need to do a degree, because it really is not for everyone (like I regret doing mine.. hate it) but, their could be another side to it.
Reply 19
Nursing
It's what I am going to do with my life :smile: You'd be on your feet a lot and certainly not bored!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending