The Student Room Group

EdExcel -- A2 -- Drama & Theatre Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparrowplasm
I'm doing Dr. Faustus and The Trojan Women.

I know about the 1,000 words for Section C but is there a limit to what/how much you can write in your director's copy for Section A and B? I've plastered mine in rehearsal text and OPC context!

As long as you don't use any sentences, your script can have as many words as you want:smile:

I was told 2,000 words for section C:/ Hope it's 1,000 because i can't get mine past 1,500.
Original post by IzzyWatkins
As long as you don't use any sentences, your script can have as many words as you want:smile:

I was told 2,000 words for section C:/ Hope it's 1,000 because i can't get mine past 1,500.

I'm pretty sure you can use sentences, I'm a bit screwed if not haha. And yeah it's 1000 :smile:
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
I'm pretty sure you can use sentences, I'm a bit screwed if not haha. And yeah it's 1000 :smile:

I've been told you can't use full sentences, as everything as to be in bullet point form! x
Original post by helenalikesyou
I've been told you can't use full sentences, as everything as to be in bullet point form! x

I'll double check with my teacher later but she's been teaching this for years now and never had any problems with the exam board with writing full sentences in script. As far as I'm aware, you're just not allowed to write in exam technique, anything not in your own words, put in information for section C and obviously random bits of paper. There's a very small chance they will recall script anyway :smile:

I just went online to edexcel FAQ:

How many words can students take in for their notes? The notes for Section C must be no more than 1,000 words. A suggested format for the notes and afront sheet for centres to complete are in the Administrative Support Guide (ASG) document on thewebsite http://www.edexcel.com/gcedrama
Can students type up annotations for their Unit 4 script and glue them in? Some studentsstruggle with handwriting and keeping things neat.The text is a working document that is annotated as a result of workshop activities to prepare it forboth sections of the examination. Any work that is not the candidate’s own work must not be includedand anything that is not directly onto the page, unless there is specific requirements for candidateswho have, for example, laptops for the exam itself. If candidates are handwriting in the exam, thenthe text must be prepared in the same way. How the text is organised or how neat it is is not aconsideration of the actual exam.
Some of our students have created work books which include the printed copy of Section Atext which they have stuck in with their handwritten exam notes. Is this acceptable to takeinto the exam please?Candidates are allowed to take into the examination their annotated copy of the script and notes tosupport Section C as set out in the specification. They are not allowed to take in any other materials. What is described does not constitute ‘annotation’which, taken literally, means to work around and should be comprised of notes candidates have madeduring the course, written directly into their scripts. Nothing else is permitted.
Has anyone got notes on As you like it the play for the theatre review?? I'm really struggling :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joeywych
I have a 9 step formula that can get you top marks if you want me to share it with you?i do it in order and get about 24 marks :smile:

Hey, section B is my worst one :frown: is there any chance you could tell me that formula? I would be so grateful
Original post by storminateacup1
Hey, section B is my worst one :frown: is there any chance you could tell me that formula? I would be so grateful

yes yes please share

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skytrenfield
Has anyone got notes on As you like it the play for the theatre review?? I'm really struggling :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Polly Findlay National Theatre one?
The Polly Findlay National Theatre one?

Yes yes please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my whole class seem to be struggling with section C. Our teacher says that because what we saw was bad( in our opinion) but it's easier to write about. Is this the right thing to talk about orshould we only focus on the positive side of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Woolley.J56
Me and my whole class seem to be struggling with section C. Our teacher says that because what we saw was bad( in our opinion) but it's easier to write about. Is this the right thing to talk about orshould we only focus on the positive side of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think about it, the people who are marking your exams are theatre teachers. They want to see you excited at theatre
Original post by skytrenfield
Yes yes please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh please would love to see <3
Original post by ellieacraig
got an A* on my mock if anyone has any questions i can try and help

how many pages/words should we aim to write in the exam for section B
Original post by Student.53

In mocks I've always filled to the second to last page
Original post by Student.53

Depends on your handwriting, but i'd say 6/7/8, I've done up to 10 before because I'm a fast writer.

But really it depends on the quality rather than quantity
Original post by ellieacraig
Depends on your handwriting, but i'd say 6/7/8, I've done up to 10 before because I'm a fast writer.

But really it depends on the quality rather than quantity

Thanks!! And just to make sure, for Section C, are we allowed to bring a sheet of typed notes? How many words does it need to be and is it allowed to be double sided?
Any guesses for what the extract will be for lysistrata?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending