The Student Room Group

EdExcel -- A2 -- Drama & Theatre Studies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helenalikesyou
Thank's for replying, but in previous posts on this thread, I commented that my friend contacted EdExcel, where they said our notes can be typed and printed, and they can be over 2, 3 or 4 sides of A4 or two sides of A3.

When they mean 'published materials', they mean no sources which has been taken off the internet like theatre reviews or sources which isn't our own work. Our 1,000 words aren't published, as we simply have just typed them up:-)

Good luck for tomorrow:-)

good luck too, yes i read those after i posted that :/ my teacher said no more than 2 sides of A4, and my notes literally just fit onto 2 sides of A4 (printed)
How did everyone find it?
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
How did everyone find it?

I did Woyzeck, amazing questions apart from Section A question 1 which was weird.

Managed to do it all with 1 minute so spare.
Wrote 13 pages for Section C, 12 for Section B and then a few for section A. How about you?
Ah it was so good:biggrin: essay questions in particular were glorious<3
Original post by ellieacraig
I did Woyzeck, amazing questions apart from Section A question 1 which was weird.

Wrote 13 pages for Section C, 12 for Section B and then a few for section A. How about you?

Had to ask for extra paper for my concept, wrote like 12 pages and finished all the paper for shakspeare but section a was tought, think i did good on b (charatcer reltationships) but i only had time to do 4 rehearsal techiniques for language and had to miss out the first q :frown:
Original post by Student.53
Had to ask for extra paper for my concept, wrote like 12 pages and finished all the paper for shakspeare but section a was tought, think i did good on b (charatcer reltationships) but i only had time to do 4 rehearsal techiniques for language and had to miss out the first q :frown:

Yes the relationship question was nice, the language was weird. For the language question, you're actually recommended to write only 3-4 good rehearsal techniques, i wrote 3 in depth and 2 others.

First question was ridiculous and remember only worth 4 marks! i bull shettied that one xx
Original post by ellieacraig

I did Lysistrata- section A went good but the extract was weird for me! And the language one I wrote 4 rehearsal techniques. My concept was good, and so was my Shakespeare :smile: overall I'm really happy!
Im also doing Greenham! I dont know what to write in my script and stuff?!
Hi! does anyone know if there are certain things you can't write in the 1000 words for Section C? Edexcel just say it can't be over 1000 words, but that's pretty much all they say... I don't want to include things in it that will get me disqualified, e.g. director names, paragraphs etc.
If anyone knows what not to include, please let me know! :smile:
Original post by gsecharlie
Hi! does anyone know if there are certain things you can't write in the 1000 words for Section C? Edexcel just say it can't be over 1000 words, but that's pretty much all they say... I don't want to include things in it that will get me disqualified, e.g. director names, paragraphs etc.
If anyone knows what not to include, please let me know! :smile:

i'm not entirely sure what will get you disqualified, but you aren't allowed published material (you can put quotes in, as an opening for your essay, if you wish)

I would put all cast and creative names if you can, and split your notes into sections (e.g lighting, sound, staging) and have the related OPC alongside - most people in my class did this as a table to keep things organised. I did this for last year's exam and I'm doing it again for this year's (I'm retaking 6DR04)

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Lottiewestgarth
Hi guys :smile: I am studying Lysistrata and after receiving an appalling mock grade this week I have decided to change my concept! I just wondered if I could get some opinions on what I have now chosen and if anyone has any ideas about how I could stage it (in terms of theatre elements) that would be brilliant.

The concept is Greenham Common Woman’s Peace Camp, RAF site, Berkshire, England the camp began in September 1981 after a Welsh group, Women for Life onEarth, arrived at Greenham to protest against the decision of the Britishgovernment to allow cruise missiles tobe based there. It has parallels to Lysistrata asboth instances show groups of women uniting to use their femininity (in thiscase the fact that most of the women were mothers) to dominate a male space ina fight for peace.

Thanks

Hey! Im doing this to - I have barely touched drama during exams - what are your revision techniques for it and this concept?
Original post by poppyclarke7
Hey! Im doing this to - I have barely touched drama during exams - what are your revision techniques for it and this concept?

Hi! I've got some notes and articles from my drama teacher about Greenham if you're interested.

Also, this is my second attempt at this exam, so if you want any advice in what is useful for the exam, then I can help in any way that I can
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending