The Student Room Group

Help - Interview in 2 days!

Possibly in the wrong forum, but anyway:

I have an interview for a receptionist/office job at a local GP surgery. This is my first proper interview and I have no idea what to expect.

Anybody done this kind of job before? I haven't seen the job specification (there isn't one) so I've had to guess at what it involves. They know I'm applying for medicine, so should I be expecting questions about the role of medical practices in the NHS or anything like that? I'm only up against three other candidates. I've done a few days work exp with a GP, so I'm fairly familiar with what they do and stuff like that.
Also, should I take along certificates and stuff that I mentioned in the CV? Like a portfolio type thing?

Sorry I know it isn't specifically a medicine question, but I thought the people on this forum are most likely to have done that kind of job. Any advice really appreciated!
Reply 1
Basically mention generic things, like your good at communication, work hard, reliable etc. etc. etc. I'd take a portfolio along if its at hand and organised; but I doubt it to be entirely neccessary.
Reply 2
Be decent, calm and polite. Wear sane, neat clothing. Say thank you for the interview and please if you need anything. Shake hands with the interviewer. Don't talk to your shoes. I know that sounds slightly patronising but, believe me, its what gets you the job. Barring saying something ridiculous, it will make anything you say sound twice as good. Look after the basics, really.

Latest

Trending

Trending