The Student Room Group

Road to A's + A*'s

Basically I have lacked motivation for revision during the Easter holiday, and really need to get my head down if I want to get the grades I have the ability to get. I feel that posting my targets for the day on here each morning will force me to stick to my plans.

My aims: 10 A*s, 2.5 As, 1 B

Although these grades may seem too unrealistic, I believe that it's always better to aim high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck to you with your revision and exams! :smile:
How do you get 2.5 A's ? I should just say that whenever i get B's lol - "You say B, I say half of an A".

I'm so desperate to get my goal a level results that I have given up in a sense because i cant help telling myself that its impossible which is really not motivating
Reply 3
Original post by caitlinford3
Best of luck to you with your revision and exams! :smile:

Thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sophhascoconuts
How do you get 2.5 A's ? I should just say that whenever i get B's lol - "You say B, I say half of an A".

I'm so desperate to get my goal a level results that I have given up in a sense because i cant help telling myself that its impossible which is really not motivating

I have already completed RE short course- in which I got an A (thus the half an A).
What subjects do you take and what are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by justmemphis
I have already completed RE short course- in which I got an A (thus the half an A).
What subjects do you take and what are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay that makes more sense

I'm taking Maths, Physics, English Literature and History- aiming for A's in all of them *smiles* *cries*
Is it just me or is anyone else just taking 8 GCSEs because others are taking about 11 to 14 GCSEs. :lolwut:
Reply 7
Original post by Sophhascoconuts
oh okay that makes more sense

I'm taking Maths, Physics, English Literature and History- aiming for A's in all of them *smiles* *cries*

wow- good luck. that's a really interesting combination, what do you want to study/become?

Posted from TSR Mobile
wow- good luck. that's a really interesting combination, what do you want to study/become?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm going to take history at uni, when i chose them i really had no clue what i was gonna do so i just did a range. I'd love to either be a journalist, run my own business, or go into marketing or something like that?
Reply 9
I know I'm a bit late, but today I planned on doing:
Revision of all biology topics
Some reading over my English notes
Memorising my first French answer (for CA)
Going over 1/4 of the history specification

Posted from TSR Mobile
How come you're doing 13 GCSEs? I did 10 and thought that was a fair amount... :tongue:
Original post by Inexorably
How come you're doing 13 GCSEs? I did 10 and thought that was a fair amount... :tongue:

I'm doing 11 this year, I did 1 in year nine and 2 in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing 11 this year, I did 1 in year nine and 2 in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh I see :tongue:
Original post by TracyEmu
Is it just me or is anyone else just taking 8 GCSEs because others are taking about 11 to 14 GCSEs. :lolwut:

I only do 10! My school seriously lacked options... I pretty much took every GCSE available because they offered next to nothing and we could only take 10 subjects :frown:
mane don't bother GCSEs aren't needed bruh
Original post by caitlinford3
I only do 10! My school seriously lacked options... I pretty much took every GCSE available because they offered next to nothing and we could only take 10 subjects :frown:

as people say though, it's quality over quantity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trillin'
mane don't bother GCSEs aren't needed bruh

maybe in your opinion, 'mane'

Posted from TSR Mobile
maybe in your opinion, 'mane'

Posted from TSR Mobile

your own judgement will teach you more than any school fam
dont worry stay calm be trill
First step to those grades:

- realising that the use of an apostrophe to convey the plural of an A is grammatically incorrect

:wink:
as people say though, it's quality over quantity

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, let's hope I don't get 10 U's

Quick Reply

Latest