Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fresh studies but existing debt

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, there are a couple of courses that I'm deciding I'd like to do sometime in the future but it's looking like I'll have to save up for a good few years before I do any of them. I've already received 4 years of student finance from 2008 through to 2012 and so I will never again be entitled to student finance will I? The only way for me to ever get a university degree would be to pay for it with my own money?


    I was reading the above link but I'm not sure that applies to me completely. I don't have any qualifications from University because I dropped out in my second year of my second course (wild I know) but would the same still apply?


    My understanding is four years and thats it. the article confirms that. That means you are self funding.

    Having ead he article I am unsure how you think any of that applies to you? If you fall within the criteria, then you should explore it, but its very limited partial funding for very particular degrees. If its a degree you are desparate for then consider doing one part time to spread the cost or check the price for the OU. Also you might want to consider going back to the drop out uni and resuming?

    No need to give up, yes it could take a long time , but you can get there.
    • Thread Starter

    Yeah I don't fall within any of those career paths, except maybe a veterinary surgeon - wouldn't mind doing something like that...

    I wouldn't be able to carry on with my last degree for the same financial reasons right? That'd be another two year's tuition fees.

    Unless you had some major mitigating circumstances as to why you dropped out, then they wont fund out. As i said part time is about your best bet and work to pay for it. Tiy give no indication why you dropped out twice. You cna talk to your uni as to whether they would let you resume, but they will still want paying.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.