The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs Leicester vs Sheffield comparison

Good afternoon, folks!

I am a foreign student looking to start postgraduate studies in september and have found the program I am interested in (Fashion management) at Nottingham Trent university, De Montfort Leicester and Sheffield Hallam university.

Now I am looking for some arguments about which university or which city I should choose and why. I am looking for an active, nice place with enough things to do, without paying too much rent. Maybe some of you are currently enrolled or are alumni of the programs and can give me some recommendations for the universities as well.
I hope some of you can help me!
I syygest you post on each of the sections for the institutions so you have he best chance to get responses from students studying there.
If you are in the UK then its well worth visiting them as it helps make choosing a lot easier.
All three should have cheap rents .
If money is a large factor then check out this table https://www.timeshighereducation.com/carousels/top-25-most-affordable-university-cities-uk (however considering the cities you're looking at are all located above London, the cost of living in each city shouldn't really vary that much)

I went to Leicester Uni so lived in the city for four years. It's nice and there's lots to do - theaters, cinemas, bars and restaurants etc. The large muslim population means that there's more to do for people who don't drink alcohol - including a lot of amazing desert places (I don't know where you're from but this might be something to take into consideration if you're moving from a Muslim country).

However, I'd say each University and each city is fairly similar. It might be worth thinking of some specific questions and going into the TSR thread for each particular university and asking them there.

Quick Reply

Latest