The Student Room Group

Desogestrel progestogen-only pill query

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!

Hi, I've been taking this pill for 20 days now, and I have 3 pills left in my current packet. However, I didn't start the pack at the beginning- since it was a saturday when I started, I started on the first 'Saturday' pill, which my doctor said was fine. This does mean however that there are five pills at the beginning of the pack I didn't take (Mon-Fri). My question is, when I finish these three last pills (Sun-Fri), is it ok to then take the Monday-Fri pills of the pack which I didn't take at the start, before beginning the new packet?
I think each pill contains the same things but wanted to check this is ok.

Many thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this!

Hi, I've been taking this pill for 20 days now, and I have 3 pills left in my current packet. However, I didn't start the pack at the beginning- since it was a saturday when I started, I started on the first 'Saturday' pill, which my doctor said was fine. This does mean however that there are five pills at the beginning of the pack I didn't take (Fri-Monday). My question is, when I finish these three last pills (Sun-Fri), is it ok to then take the Monday-Fri pills of the pack which I didn't take at the start, before beginning the new packet?
I think each pill contains the same things but wanted to check this is ok.

Many thanks in advance.

*typo corrected
Reply 2
bump
Original post by Anonymous
bump

Should be fine to do it :smile:
Yes, it is intended that you take all of the tablets. The days on the packet are probably to help you remember to take them, seeing as you aren't taking a tri-phasic pill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by myblueheaven339
Yes, it is intended that you take all of the tablets. The days on the packet are probably to help you remember to take them, seeing as you aren't taking a tri-phasic pill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spot on. Each tablet will contain the same drug at the same strength (should be desogestrel 75mcg, check the packet)
Days of the week on the actual blister packs are usally just to help remember to take them each day.

Quick Reply

Latest