The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Warwick or Manchester for Biomedical sciences ?

Hi Guys
I'm a Polish IB student who hopefully will start studying in the UK in 2016.
I need some advice on choosing my firm offer. I received offers from Manchester and Warwick for biomedical sciences with a placement year. I did not expect that I would receive offers from both. Now after many days of extensive reading through many different forums&rankings, I still cannot decide which one should I choose as from what I have read they are all great

I initially decided to choose Warwick but I have a feeling that Manchester is more recognisable and offers better career prospects in the future. I do not want to miss my chance of studying here - especially because of the fact that I had to arrive here by plane and attend an interview. The person who interviewed me seemed really nice and friendly too.

On the other hand, I would prefer to live in a smaller campus with a green landscape

What do you guys think about it? Is it better to pick Warwick or Manchester for BioMed?
Original post by FraJaco
Hi Guys
I'm a Polish IB student who hopefully will start studying in the UK in 2016.
I need some advice on choosing my firm offer. I received offers from Manchester and Warwick for biomedical sciences with a placement year. I did not expect that I would receive offers from both. Now after many days of extensive reading through many different forums&rankings, I still cannot decide which one should I choose as from what I have read they are all great

I initially decided to choose Warwick but I have a feeling that Manchester is more recognisable and offers better career prospects in the future. I do not want to miss my chance of studying here - especially because of the fact that I had to arrive here by plane and attend an interview. The person who interviewed me seemed really nice and friendly too.

On the other hand, I would prefer to live in a smaller campus with a green landscape

What do you guys think about it? Is it better to pick Warwick or Manchester for BioMed?

Both are excellent universities. If you want to compare the employability, then you can find the hard data on www.unistats.ac.uk

So, I think it's going to come down to where you think you would be happiest.

Would you prefer:
(a) a self-contained campus university, set away from the town, all on one site, with the nearest city being Coventry (not Warwick? It's nowhere near as pretty!)
(b) living in the city, with the large university on the edge of the city centre but with the buildings all next to each other, lots of nightlife, some green spaces on campus and lots of green spaces nearby (e.g. Platt Fields Park, Whitworth Park, Fallowfield Loop, Alexandra Park)

When you visited Manchester, what did you think of it - did you think you could be happy there, or did it just not feel 'right'? Have you visited Warwick at all?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest