The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

anybody University of leeds FIRMED or unconditional?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
ohhh which one do you think you'll be happier at though?

and I applied for Mechanical Engineering :smile: ( and same! my last response came on April 1st so I was thinking is this some sort of April fool's joke or something:lol:) My offer for Leeds is A*AA and for Bham AAB

and have you been looking at accommodations for both? (scared to apply for Bham accommodation cause deposit is like £500 lol)

Heart says Birmingham for the campus, but head says Leeds for course and employability (placement year).
So, I'm not sure which one I will be happier at :tongue:.

Wow, nice. Leeds is really good for engineering, especially mechanical it seems. Luckily your two main choices need different grades.

Accommodation wise, I've heard you only get one choice at Leeds. I'm thinking either Central Village or Cityside.
Birmingham, I'm thinking of Mason or Jarratt Hall,
(All ensuite, self-catered places)

What about you?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Peppercrunch
Heart says Birmingham for the campus, but head says Leeds for course and employability (placement year).
So, I'm not sure which one I will be happier at :tongue:.

Wow, nice. Leeds is really good for engineering, especially mechanical it seems. Luckily your two main choices need different grades.

Accommodation wise, I've heard you only get one choice at Leeds. I'm thinking either Central Village or Cityside.
Birmingham, I'm thinking of Mason or Jarratt Hall,
(All ensuite, self-catered places)

What about you?

..that's quite tricky XD Personally, I would choose Leeds if I worry about employability. but I don't really worry about campuses that much..I'm that type of kid that would be happy as long as they do their course lol and I get fascinated on almost anything that's different to my school building :lol::lol:

The question is meeting the grades though :lol: Physics is just worrying lol

I was thinking either Sentinel Towers or Leodis :smile: cause CV will probably make me poor quicker :lol:
I haven't really looked at the ones for Bham and I don't know if I should still apply cause if I insure it accommodation won't really be guaranteed so I'm kinda hesitating to apply cause I think deposit was like £500 or £550 but if I apply for accommodation for both that'll be an extra £200 for Leeds
.. if I apply for accommodation for both that'll be an extra £200 for Leeds

You don't need to pay a deposit at Leeds until you've got an offer of accommodation and you only get an accommodation offer once your academic offer has turned unconditional. So your accommodation offer will go out either in late July (if your academic offer was or turned unconditional before around 5 July) or late August (if your offer only became unconditional in late July/ August).
Once you've got your accommodation offer, you have 4 days to accept and pay the £200 deposit.
Hope that makes sense!

Sian
Accommodation Office
Reply 63
Ive firmed leeds too, for dentistry!

I quite like the tannery, sentiel tower and city side but i havent applied.
I think the deadline is still far away(1 st july) and its NOT a first come, first served basis. Which is good.

What accomodation is everyone else considering and why? I didnt go to the accomodation day
Reply 64
I've recently firmed Leeds for the Digital Media course, exciting times!
Original post by University of Leeds
You don't need to pay a deposit at Leeds until you've got an offer of accommodation and you only get an accommodation offer once your academic offer has turned unconditional. So your accommodation offer will go out either in late July (if your academic offer was or turned unconditional before around 5 July) or late August (if your offer only became unconditional in late July/ August).
Once you've got your accommodation offer, you have 4 days to accept and pay the £200 deposit.
Hope that makes sense!

Sian
Accommodation Office

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Darilinna
😍Just firmed Leeds for Arabic and Chinese😀Any Arabic or Chinese language lovers?

I've firmed Chinese! :biggrin: Been quite tempted to transfer to Arabic and Chinese but I've been told the work load is massive..I'm way to lazy for that :colondollar:
Original post by BeePanda
I've firmed Chinese! :biggrin: Been quite tempted to transfer to Arabic and Chinese but I've been told the work load is massive..I'm way to lazy for that :colondollar:
what to say I am the laziest person in the world :biggrin:I love lying and watching tv ... reading books and so on I will do it but this time I will be watching arabic tv and reading chinese books :biggrin: I find this degree amazing ... especially this: spending two years abroad I adore travelling. I cant wait to start studying but first I need Ielts band 7 :frown:(( I am international -_-
Firmed for media and communications! :smile:
Reply 69
Just firmed for Electronic Engineering! :biggrin: Can't decide between Cityside Accommodation and CV though :/
Firmed for Medicine :smile:
Original post by Ro97
Just firmed for Electronic Engineering! :biggrin: Can't decide between Cityside Accommodation and CV though :/

Fellow Engineer lol (I'm Mechanical though) may I ask what's your requirements? just curious :colondollar:
Reply 72
Fellow Engineer lol (I'm Mechanical though) may I ask what's your requirements? just curious :colondollar:

AAA how about you? Have you sent your accommodation application yet?
Original post by Ro97
AAA how about you? Have you sent your accommodation application yet?

A*AA for me xD..and nah not yet..and you?
Engineer here also, Automotive Engineering.

Im not doing A levels though so dont ask me for my requirements.

Where are the Engineers thinking of staying accomodation wise, at the moment im looking at JBP and Lupton.
Reply 75
Original post by Rochellc01

Where are the Engineers thinking of staying accomodation wise, at the moment im looking at JBP and Lupton.

Another Mechanical Engineer here! Applied for James Baillie mate

I have to get A*AA...but it was between Southampton and Leeds or Nottingham.

What were your options? And why did you engineers choose Leeds btw?
Original post by joekan

For me its because I am from Leeds so can keep my job part time and more importantly my car as its my pride and joy. living here I know how good the nightlife is as im 21. You'll love it in Leeds, before I decided to go to Uni I didnt like the Studenty-ness of Leeds, but now im going I change it one bit. Thinking James Ballie will be the best option for me aswell. Hope its social.

I also chose Leeds Engineering as it was rated #1 by The Guardian.
Original post by Rochellc01

Thinking of either Leodis or Sentinel towers :smile:
Original post by joekan

I chose Birmingham for my insurance and Leeds for my Firm. I really liked it when I went to the applicant day :smile: there was a professor that was really passionate about giving lectures and I've also asked some people and the department seems really cool :smile:
Reply 79
Firmed for International Business :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest