The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey good luck! I'm doing the same exam tommorrow. I'm really hoping that we don't get poetry.. because then we have to mention form, structure etc. I'll be gutted if we do!

You're also doing the Duchess of Malfi aren't you? What have you revised for it? I've mostly been concentrating on background and characters but haven't done much on themes.
Elle
Hey good luck! I'm doing the same exam tommorrow. I'm really hoping that we don't get poetry.. because then we have to mention form, structure etc. I'll be gutted if we do!

You're also doing the Duchess of Malfi aren't you? What have you revised for it? I've mostly been concentrating on background and characters but haven't done much on themes.

I've watched the video and re-read the text - & produced like.. a page of A4 for each of the main characters with loads of quotes on them. Also got one A4 with general quotes to do with themes like corruption and tragedy - but primarily focused on characters (because you can utilise most of that to talk about themes anyway should the extract in B actually be about a theme.. My teacher seems to think it will be on character presentation.)

I've read through my notes on context again - especially religion which isn't really one of my strong points & am trying to get my head around satire.

Basically revised a bit of everything so will just have to hope for the best now! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for PROSE as well!!!
Reply 3
oh dear. i have this exam tomorrow too, and haven't done any revision at all yet. the only quote i know is 'mine eyes dazzle: she died young'. apt.
I am the duchess of malfi still!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
does anybody have any mnemomic (or however you spell it!) tips for a piece of unseen prose.

y'know, LAST: Language Apple Strudle Tart

that kinda thing, but with sense.
P - point of view
R - rhythm
O - overview
S - senses, sentences, structure
E - effect of language

S - setting
C - character
A - action
S - style
I - ideas

P - point of view/ persona
O - overview/ objectivity
E - effect of language (diction)
T - tone
R - rhythm
E - enjambement
E - end-stopped
Reply 7
top work, lass.
im also doin this exam, not looking forward to it. Im crap at remembering all the quotes!

can anyone tell me which 5 quotes may be the easiest/most important to remember?

my last ever exam tho so just cant wait to get it out of the way!

gud luck to all. xx
Reply 9
Arrr! lol.. I can't believe we got poetry!! It was a crap poem at that.. How did you find it? What was the poem about anyway and why did his daughter scream at the end? I didn't like that test. The first question was alright though.
umm yea the poetry thing was awful...hardly understood it at all. :confused:

just hope my blagging skills came in handy.

the first question was nice tho, i did A.

what did everyone else do?
God knows why his daughter was screaming.. maybe one day I will bother to read the rest of it to see what it was about , as it seemed kind of an interesting poem.

I hardly made any reference to malfi though, it was pretty much diabolical. My teacher is writing to the exam board and everything because it was a stupid question and the themes that it said to link on were hardly very big in malfi were they??!

PLUS!!! The people who did faustus got bloody HARDY in their unseen!!!!!! HOW UNFAIR IS THAT??!?!??

Ah well.. it's over now. No more work for me until uni :smile:

- I did question A for the first one.. Quite liked it but am sure I've done better in practise questions :/ HOPEFULLY my keats will have pulled it up overall, and I got good courseowrk - I really need this A!!
Reply 12
Did Congrieve's Way of the World.The unseen was something by Evelyn Waugh.Both questions could have been a lot worse.
Loki
Did Congrieve's Way of the World.The unseen was something by Evelyn Waugh.Both questions could have been a lot worse.

Not the unseen for malfi.. that was just evil.

Latest

Trending

Trending