The Student Room Group

Monthly contact lenses - use it twice a day?

Hello ,

can I use my monthly contact lense twice a day ? ( I used it for few hours and I then took it off because I didn't need it. I cleaned it with the solution etc .) Can you take those lenses out again on the same day within few hours from that solution?
I'm confused. If they're monthly you can use them for a whole month? I wear monthlies.
Reply 2
Original post by Alice__90
I'm confused. If they're monthly you can use them for a whole month? I wear monthlies.

Yeah i can wear mine for whole month but every day i have to take my lenses off and clean it with a solution and then wear it again the next day. So what I am asking now is if I cleaned them etc before can I take them out again now? Because usually i would take them out the next day..
Reply 3

Or do I have to leave it for few hours and. then take it out ..
Original post by anilmg98
Yeah i can wear mine for whole month but every day i have to take my lenses off and clean it with a solution and then wear it again the next day. So what I am asking now is if I cleaned them etc before can I take them out again now? Because usually i would take them out the next day..

Yeah of course you can as long as they're clean. They're designed to last the whole month, you can wear them as much as you like. :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah of course you can as long as they're clean. They're designed to last the whole month, you can wear them as much as you like. :smile:

how long do you wear those lenses per day? Like usually u arent allowed to wear it more than 8hours ?
Original post by anilmg98
how long do you wear those lenses per day? Like usually u arent allowed to wear it more than 8hours ?

It depends what kind of lenses you have. I can wear mine for about 12 hours a day but they're expensive ones.
Reply 7
Check the instructions on your cleaning solutions.
I wear mine for around 12 hours a day and they're fine, as long as you're cleaning them when you take them out. It can hurt like a bastard anyway if you take one out and put it straight back in without atleast putting some solution on it.

Quick Reply

Latest