The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

paramedic science

has anyone applied and got a interview for paramedic science?? any help and advice would be great
thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, (but I changed course last minute) be prepared for scenario questions (went to Paramedic interviews for East Anglia, UCLan, Northampton, and Teesside) - they all asked Scenario based questions, why you want to be a paramedic and what qualities you have that would make you successful in the job. 3 of the 4 also questioned who the Governing Body for Paramedics is and who you go through to get your Licence to Practice.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Neptvnvs
Yes, (but I changed course last minute) be prepared for scenario questions (went to Paramedic interviews for East Anglia, UCLan, Northampton, and Teesside) - they all asked Scenario based questions, why you want to be a paramedic and what qualities you have that would make you successful in the job. 3 of the 4 also questioned who the Governing Body for Paramedics is and who you go through to get your Licence to Practice.

where did you apply and for what date?
iv just sent my application off for Staffordshire uni
any gd websites to help with maths and English tests ?
alina x
Reply 3
Original post by alina-9
where did you apply and for what date?
iv just sent my application off for Staffordshire uni
any gd websites to help with maths and English tests ?
alina x

I applied for Northampton, Teesside, East Anglia, Surrey, Birmingham, UCLan altogether and I added as UCAS Extra Wolverhampton, got interviews for all but turned down a few offers and then changed my course from Paramedic to a completely new course and Wolverhampton let me in for this new course. The maths is very basic, for example most questions where along the lines of 'What is 10% of 80' and '12 x 12'... nothing hard, and nothing that would require a calculator, the English tests have generally been a case study and you have to do in that scenario (for example: a 70 year old woman has passed out while shopping, during her time passed out she has wet herself: what would you do in this scenario as a STUDENT paramedic?)

I hope this helps x
Reply 4
yes this helps massively ! is this starting in jan 2017?
I applied for wolvo, bcu and Staffordshire!
fingers crossed for interview !
feel better nowing there not extremely hard lol
cheers dude x have u had any experience relating ?
Reply 5
Original post by alina-9
yes this helps massively ! is this starting in jan 2017?
I applied for wolvo, bcu and Staffordshire!
fingers crossed for interview !
feel better nowing there not extremely hard lol
cheers dude x have u had any experience relating ?

I will have my fingers crossed for you too! No no I'm starting Wolves this September/October! (Fiveways House) Only experience I have relating to the medical field was that I worked for 6-9 months in a Mental Health Institute (fancy way of saying Mental Health Home) but from including scenarios I worked in in my Personal Statement to University I think it helped a lot (such as working around dangerous infections, working with aggressive and volatile individuals, working around people with long-standing conditions such as Cancer and working with dead-bodies) - I can imagine some may relate to working as a paramedic. No problem! x
Reply 6
oh no gutted !
yeh I studied mental health, I understand what I could of been like did some work myself
well best of luck for u,
are the scenario questions difficult or is just common sense lol
xx
Reply 7
Original post by alina-9
oh no gutted !
yeh I studied mental health, I understand what I could of been like did some work myself
well best of luck for u,
are the scenario questions difficult or is just common sense lol
xx

Best of luck for you too! Chances are you won't get a scenario if you're lucky but I would say it is common sense kind of, but they are testing you to see what you know already! Mainly equality, rights, confidentiality&privacy and a little bit of medical knowledge but only like ECG and all that :smile: Nothing to worry about xx
Reply 8
Best of luck for you too! Chances are you won't get a scenario if you're lucky but I would say it is common sense kind of, but they are testing you to see what you know already! Mainly equality, rights, confidentiality&privacy and a little bit of medical knowledge but only like ECG and all that :smile: Nothing to worry about xx

I have an interview for paramedic! omg !
soo nervous... is there any thin else they ask you such as about the ambulance service?
im well nervous its for next Wednesday, im more worried about maths and English test lol xx
Reply 9
Original post by alina-9
I have an interview for paramedic! omg !
soo nervous... is there any thin else they ask you such as about the ambulance service?
im well nervous its for next Wednesday, im more worried about maths and English test lol xx

Don't worry! I promise the maths and English tests are a lot easier than you imagine, just remember everything they tell you to bring to the tests!

Nothing else I can think of at all, I am sure that is all of it! Let me know how it goes, best of luck to you, hope you get the place you want! xx
Reply 10
Don't worry! I promise the maths and English tests are a lot easier than you imagine, just remember everything they tell you to bring to the tests!

Nothing else I can think of at all, I am sure that is all of it! Let me know how it goes, best of luck to you, hope you get the place you want! xx

and me !! thank you , you have helped me so much!! im preparing for everything but im sure theres going to be a few questions I haven't looked into lol but usually under pressure anything comes to mind!! haha!! xx

please keep in touch, I may be needing your help in the future lol xx
Original post by alina-9
and me !! thank you , you have helped me so much!! im preparing for everything but im sure theres going to be a few questions I haven't looked into lol but usually under pressure anything comes to mind!! haha!! xx

please keep in touch, I may be needing your help in the future lol xx

No worries, I will always be around! If you get into Wolverhampton (which I hope you do!) then it would be nice to know someone else that is going too! Just remember to be calm but assertive when they ask you things and whatever you say regardless I'm sure they will love!! xx
Reply 12
No worries, I will always be around! If you get into Wolverhampton (which I hope you do!) then it would be nice to know someone else that is going too! Just remember to be calm but assertive when they ask you things and whatever you say regardless I'm sure they will love!! xx

sorry to keep being a pain! lol did u use the maths sample test on there website?to revise or anything?
im just panicking that theres 25 questions in 20 mins! got some of answers sorted, im such a stress head! and yet I have no idea why because im such a confident person. lol I do hope wolves is for me.! xxx wish I had of applied earlier I cud of started with you lol
Original post by alina-9
sorry to keep being a pain! lol did u use the maths sample test on there website?to revise or anything?
im just panicking that theres 25 questions in 20 mins! got some of answers sorted, im such a stress head! and yet I have no idea why because im such a confident person. lol I do hope wolves is for me.! xxx wish I had of applied earlier I cud of started with you lol

My flaw was that I'm quite lazy when it comes to revising, so I never revised! I worried at first about the 25 questions in 20 minutes but honestly, some of these questions in the first half are like 20 seconds a questions, there are only a few more difficult ones but I promise you will finish the test in good time anyway! Don't leave any blank, if you have to, at least guess as to what you think is right if you are running out of time, but I'm sure you won't be :smile:

You're not a pain at all! I don't mind helping, I know this is all important right! Confidence is great, with that you will pass on important aspect of the interview :smile: xxx and aw would you not be starting in September if you get on this, is it a different start?
Reply 14
My flaw was that I'm quite lazy when it comes to revising, so I never revised! I worried at first about the 25 questions in 20 minutes but honestly, some of these questions in the first half are like 20 seconds a questions, there are only a few more difficult ones but I promise you will finish the test in good time anyway! Don't leave any blank, if you have to, at least guess as to what you think is right if you are running out of time, but I'm sure you won't be :smile:

You're not a pain at all! I don't mind helping, I know this is all important right! Confidence is great, with that you will pass on important aspect of the interview :smile: xxx and aw would you not be starting in September if you get on this, is it a different start?

well when I applied they told me it would be for jan 17 as it had closed for this year, however I now that there is always clearing so maybe If I do get lucky I could get slotted in. but who nows! did they ask you the usual " why paramedics ?" it is important your right! your very lucky to be over done and with! iv got to wait another 2 days and oh my its so nerve racking lol xxx
Original post by alina-9
well when I applied they told me it would be for jan 17 as it had closed for this year, however I now that there is always clearing so maybe If I do get lucky I could get slotted in. but who nows! did they ask you the usual " why paramedics ?" it is important your right! your very lucky to be over done and with! iv got to wait another 2 days and oh my its so nerve racking lol xxx

Oh well if you get in I will no doubt be there for you starting so you will still know someone! To my best information, everyone will ask you why, it is always good to know why you want to be a paramedic anyway, gives you motivation right!

Good Luck! I am sure you'll do great! xxx
Reply 16
Oh well if you get in I will no doubt be there for you starting so you will still know someone! To my best information, everyone will ask you why, it is always good to know why you want to be a paramedic anyway, gives you motivation right!

Good Luck! I am sure you'll do great! xxx

Just waiting for decision!! Xxx
Oooooh have you got it yet?! xxx Hoping the best for you here!
Reply 18
Oooooh have you got it yet?! xxx Hoping the best for you here!

still waiting!!! arghhh!!! more nervous now!!! did it just change on ur ucas or was it through email?
have interview at Stafford uni next week xxx
Original post by alina-9
still waiting!!! arghhh!!! more nervous now!!! did it just change on ur ucas or was it through email?
have interview at Stafford uni next week xxx

Ahhh I bet you're anxious! I was! Wolverhampton for me just did it on UCAS without emailing me, UCAS emailed me saying something had changed and when I logged on to see what it was that Wolverhampton unconditionally accepted me! I hope the same for you!
That's great too, I hope that one goes just as well xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending