The Student Room Group

Don't women have any control over their level of attractiveness?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Confidence is pretty attractive
Sometimes a person (male or female) isn't the best eye candy but the fact they are are comfortable and confident in themselves without the arrogance makes them seem so much more so
Regardless of age, if you're slim and take care of your body then you're miles ahead of most of the British youth.
Original post by Anonymous
I was bored and came across a website that seemed to contain threads by some self assured and fairly angry men :tongue:. I think it was made to help men through life and there was a thread about SMV (sexual market value). They all agreed that men were more sought after as they aged and developed themselves whereas for women there was a dramatic drop after 35-40 (due to biological lack of fertility cues and loss of youth). At this point apparantly men have the upper had and women become unwanted if they are looking to date. There is some biological truth to an extent but a lot of generalisations about women and some posts made out like it was set in stone.

I wondered then, as women get older say through their 50's, is there snything they can do to increase their 'SMV'? Since men appear to have control of their smv (can improve career, develop a good body, 'game' etc which apparantly are all sought after traits. However according to this theory women have no control, smv all seems to be tied to their youth and fertility. Its ironic that as men who want to be in control they take on and follow a theory where they have all control over their smv :tongue:

So just wanted opinions, what do you think women can do to work on themselves, or this smv, as they age?

what website was this?

I ask because there are a lot of websites like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending