Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's wrong with me? Please help me, I can't take it anymore

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by Anonymous)
    But how? I did have purpose, now there's no motivation

Do you have a goal in life or a career you really want to pursue. That's what changed my attitude to life and now I've found something I really want to do, I cannot be more determined to do it.

Other than that, I think maybe talking to people is vital and family should be first to talk to then if you still feel depressed then maybe a doctor or someone like that. Hope you feel better soon.
    I'm stuck in the dreaded phase where I've graduated and applying for jobs to start my dream career. Until then my life is at a standstill.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I've finished uni, so I've not got that support anymore. It's just I've seen it have side effects on people and I want to avoid them
    Ok. Ask your gp for a referral to counselling. If they're a bit crap with it, google for charities in your area that may be able to help with it. Not everyone experiences negative side effects from antidepressants. I agree they're not ideal but yeah.

(Original post by STBB)

I'm stuck in the dreaded phase where I've graduated and applying for jobs to start my dream career. Until then my life is at a standstill.
    I may also suggest then getting out there and applying everywhere you want to. Don't give up trying. What you don't ask for, you don't get.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.