The Student Room Group

Edge hill nursing April 2017

Hi all, wondering if anyone has received an offer for edge hill for nursing in April 2017. Hoping someone will make a Facebook group (I don't know how to do it)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I have received an offer for April 2017 too! I originally wanted a September 2016 place but I'm still happy. Just worried about starting halfway through the year!
Original post by emma_m
Hi, I have received an offer for April 2017 too! I originally wanted a September 2016 place but I'm still happy. Just worried about starting halfway through the year!

I'm the same, I received an email to say I could start in September but would have to pay the fees so I decided to just go for April. What's worring you about attending in April? Are you coming straight from school?
Reply 3
Original post by kathrynowens23
I'm the same, I received an email to say I could start in September but would have to pay the fees so I decided to just go for April. What's worring you about attending in April? Are you coming straight from school?

I'm not coming straight from school - I've been doing a Pre-Nursing course since September (I will be 20 by April). I'm from Dublin so I'd need accommodation and I wanted to stay on campus so I'm hoping I can still get a room in April? I suppose they'll send us some information about it at some point!
Original post by emma_m
I'm not coming straight from school - I've been doing a Pre-Nursing course since September (I will be 20 by April). I'm from Dublin so I'd need accommodation and I wanted to stay on campus so I'm hoping I can still get a room in April? I suppose they'll send us some information about it at some point!

Same, I've been on an access since September. I'll be 24 when we start. I'm from Liverpool so will be travelling each day but definatly my first choice uni.
Reply 5
I've been offered a place for April 2017 too :smile: I will be 24 when we start! :smile: xx
Reply 6
Original post by jlp1993
I've been offered a place for April 2017 too :smile: I will be 24 when we start! :smile: xx

Yay! Adult Nursing? :smile: x
Reply 7
Original post by emma_m
Yay! Adult Nursing? :smile: x

Yep, Adult Nursing :smile: yay!xx
Reply 8
I've accepted an offer for Children's Nursing at Edge Hill for April 2017. I'll be nearly 28 when the course starts.

In terms of accommodation, I've studied for my first degree at Edge Hill and lived at home in Liverpool; however I knew of people who dropped out and left their rooms and these were available for other students to rent out. There will also be April students from the year before who may be moving out of their room and moving into a student house off campus for their second year, so their rooms will become available. Don't worry you will definitely find some sort of accommodation, whether that be halls or student house off campus. I suggest anyone worried speaks to the relevant teams at the university as they've always been brilliant!
Hiya everyone I'm new to this site sorry, and wondered if you could help me please . I am currently in the process of applying for the adult nursing degree at edge hill for April 2017 intake I just wanted to ask you about your interview experiences? And what the tests are like? I will be applying as a mature student I'm nearly 32 with 7 children. How long did you wait for an interview? And how long was it before you found out if you were successful or not. Thank you x
Reply 10
Original post by Dedeemumof7
Hiya everyone I'm new to this site sorry, and wondered if you could help me please . I am currently in the process of applying for the adult nursing degree at edge hill for April 2017 intake I just wanted to ask you about your interview experiences? And what the tests are like? I will be applying as a mature student I'm nearly 32 with 7 children. How long did you wait for an interview? And how long was it before you found out if you were successful or not. Thank you x

hi
I am 39 with 3 kids, but relax, for me it was the best ever interview I experienced. So friendly and laid back people I talked to. You'd be asked about NHS core values and also you'll be offered couple of scenarios and asked your suggested actions; also what you know about chosen course, modules etc..And also told that practice including asocial hours) will take 50% of your study and you will sign for it.
Mine big issue is childcare! School does not take reservations for after-school in April! as there are many parents waiting for places from September, so there are less chances I'll have it. And childminders! To be paid childcare grants childminders MUST BE OFSTED REGISTERED!
I am a single parent. have no relatives or friends to help, so have no idea how will manage...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
I just check Entry requirements for the "Adult Nursing" course
is it really 45 passes they asked for?
Original post by Armasa
hi
I am 39 with 3 kids, but relax, for me it was the best ever interview I experienced. So friendly and laid back people I talked to. You'd be asked about NHS core values and also you'll be offered couple of scenarios and asked your suggested actions; also what you know about chosen course, modules etc..And also told that practice including asocial hours) will take 50% of your study and you will sign for it.
Mine big issue is childcare! School does not take reservations for after-school in April! as there are many parents waiting for places from September, so there are less chances I'll have it. And childminders! To be paid childcare grants childminders MUST BE OFSTED REGISTERED!
I am a single parent. have no relatives or friends to help, so have no idea how will manage...

Hello Armasa
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad that you had a lovely interview experience from Edge Hill. I must Admit I am rather nervous at even the thought of Interview:frown: I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems securing childcare, you would think they would offer you more help if you are willing to go and study full time wouldn't you? To be honest I would have been the same but my Husband is self-employed as a plumber so he will work around my time in uni and placements If I was to be offered a place. Where would you be traveling from? I live in Skelmersdale, Lancashire. Maybe you could get in touch with student finance and see if there is any extra money you could claim or any alternatives to help you with the childcare situation. I suppose it's worth a try? How many people Interviewed you at edge hill? yeah you have to have 45 level 3 credits passed at the moment off the Access diploma. They can put their entry requirements up each year though. x
I have been offered a place for adult nursing in April 2017 😆😆 I am just worried that I will miss out because people who started in September will have already made friends 😕
I have an invitation for Adult nursing at Edge Hill Tommorow morning, and I was wondering if anybody else is going to be there?
I had an interview at Edge Hill on wednesday 8/06/16 for the Adult nursing programe April 2017 intake. we were told that we would receive their decision in about 2 weeks time. I was just wondering if anybody else has heard back yet?I know it's only been 2 days, Hopefully I will be successful, was anybody else asked to sign a agreement about placements, hours, trusts etc ? I guess the dreaded checking UCAS track begins
My interview for Edge Hill isn't until the 6th July 2016. I am so nervous already, as it is my first cycle of interviews and I think the anticipation of what they will ask is nerve wracking when it is something you want so much. My interview is to start April 2017, so not sure how many places are left, but fingers crossed xx
Hi

LiveYourDreams. Lovely to hear that you too have an Interview at Edge Hill :smile: What is it you have applied for?. I thought the university was fab, I felt really comfortable there. All the staff are very friendly and are quick to make you feel at ease. I had to complete an Maths and English test as part of the interview process, then a one to one Interview. I was a nervous wreck on the day, but I came away knowing I couldn't have possibly done anymore, so I was happy with that. I was told that I would hear of their decision within 2 weeks, I'm not going to lie the wait is killing me already!!! Hopefully it will be all worth it and they will offer me a place. I applied after the 15th January deadline( Didn't actually apply until the 18th May) so I was very late indeed. I quickly heard back from them with an invitation to interview on the 20th May, so that was really fast. The fact that they are still considering applicants even now leads me to think either they have not got the right amount of applicants applying for the April 2017 intake or there is a specific quality in an applicant that they are looking for, and just haven't found that yet. So all seems very positive to me, Make sure you research about everything going on within the NHS and can clearly answer and explain questions that you think or can anticipate that may be asked. I previously completed the Access to HE diploma just over 3 years ago now and I will be applying as a Mature student as I'm nearly 32, Married with 7 children but will be nearly 33 when I start if I was to be offered a place. I live in Skelmersdale so Edge Hill is only 10 mins down the road for me. If you want any more info or advice , I'm happy to help you. Just inbox me on here or leave a comment. Good Luck sweetie :smile:
Reply 18
Hello I am starting mental health nursing in April 2017. I really wish we knew our timetable. Have you any idea when we will get it ?
Original post by kathrynowens23
Hi all, wondering if anyone has received an offer for edge hill for nursing in April 2017. Hoping someone will make a Facebook group (I don't know how to do it)
Hey Im starting April 2017.. I was told paperwork and timetables will be dealt with Jan/Feb :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending