The Student Room Group

Do Universities look at your AS levels or your A-Level predicted grades? Help

Considering the new A level reform aka the absolute cockup of the education system... anyways... Do Universities look at your AS level results or just your predicted A-levels?
Original post by Someboady
Considering the new A level reform aka the absolute cockup of the education system... anyways... Do Universities look at your AS level results or just your predicted A-levels?

As they have always done, they will look at all the information they are provided with.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
As they have always done, they will look at all the information they are provided with.

Err.... what information do I have to provide them with :/ What do they ask for on the UCAS form?
Err.... what information do I have to provide them with :/ What do they ask for on the UCAS form?

All your GCSE grades, any AS grades you may have, since not all subjects have become linear, a personal statement and a reference, which will contain your predicted grades.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
All your GCSE grades, any AS grades you may have, since not all subjects have become linear, a personal statement and a reference, which will contain your predicted grades.

Since my college hasnt scrapped AS level exams... which means I will be doing them... wouldn't it be unfair if some people gave their AS level exam results and some people didn't take AS exams and therefore have none to give... how would that work?
Since my college hasnt scrapped AS level exams... which means I will be doing them... wouldn't it be unfair if some people gave their AS level exam results and some people didn't take AS exams and therefore have none to give... how would that work?

In exactly the same way as it worked before AS existed at all. Each course will decide what it's going to give precedence to, and they are all aware that whether or not you have AS grades is not a matter under your control. Universities have been admitting students for many decades and they know how to choose who they want.

Already happens to a lesser extent - some international applicants don't have as exams or equivalent, people take ib etc etc. Universities are used to assessing people with a wide variety of qualifications so it shouldnt be an issue

I reckon they only look at your predicted as I need BCC and was given a conditional offer but at AS I got DDE. I suppose that would make sense as you wouldn't accept the conditional offer if you didn't think you could get.
[In the end I got ACD which was the same in UCAS points as I needed a B in PE which I got an A in the end]

Quick Reply

Latest