The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

exams for seconds year of OU degree

i will be starting the second degree of my degree (health sciences) and am going to be doing my degree full time. ive noticed that the modules are shorter (30 units) so my question is will their be exams at the end of each module or just in tbe summer?

any answers would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by mkap
i will be starting the second degree of my degree (health sciences) and am going to be doing my degree full time. ive noticed that the modules are shorter (30 units) so my question is will their be exams at the end of each module or just in tbe summer?

any answers would be appreciated :smile:

They're all in the summer usually :smile:

(Although my OU degree was Economics and Maths)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by nucdev
They're all in the summer usually :smile:

(Although my OU degree was Economics and Maths)

oh i didnt know your degree was with the OU. how did you find it :smile:

thats good, even if the module finished before summer was your exam still in summer?
Reply 3
Original post by mkap
oh i didnt know your degree was with the OU. how did you find it :smile:

thats good, even if the module finished before summer was your exam still in summer?

Motivating yourself to study is always the toughest part especially because you're not in that "learning environment" and it can get lonely, but apart from that I actually enjoyed it lol.

I should mention though that it depends when your module starts - if it starts in October then yeah exams are in the summer.
The way that the modules were structured meant that you're studying until about April/May, so the summer (May/June) is when you sit the exam.
Reply 4
Original post by nucdev
Motivating yourself to study is always the toughest part especially because you're not in that "learning environment" and it can get lonely, but apart from that I actually enjoyed it lol.

I should mention though that it depends when your module starts - if it starts in October then yeah exams are in the summer.
The way that the modules were structured meant that you're studying until about April/May, so the summer (May/June) is when you sit the exam.

i know i feel so unmotivated but i end up doing most work when im behind and got a deadline. got a TMA due on the 6th and havnt started much of it. its good though as i can study full time and work full time. i chose OU as im abroad this year and may be next year so i was wondering about exams as i would have to fly back to the UK for them.

i started my seconds module in february and its running till the end of september
http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help/exam-periods

Might help. There are lists of the exam periods for the year and where exam dates for modules are know there is a timetable.

Quick Reply

Latest