The Student Room Group
Reply 1
man that topic is the easiest of all of unit 2!! if i wer u i would be worrying bout organic reactions but nyways the nelson advanced science books are the best for me so if its worth it go buy one! if not well... im sure sum1 has notes as thats the only topic along with industrial chem is what i DIDNT do notes on... good luck nyway!
clearvisionafterdeath
IS THERE ANY PERSON OUT THERE WHO MASTERED KINETICS I NEED HELP WITH IT. HOW CAN TEMPERATURE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION?
HOW CAN SURFACE AREA OF PARTICLE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION
HOW CAN CONCENTRATION INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION? AND FINALLY HOW CAN PRESSURE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION ? NEED HELP!!!!!!:confused:

No offence, but I havent even done Alevel Chemistry, thats all GCSE stuff your lookin at there, even I know the answers to the questions (roughly).
clearvisionafterdeath
IS THERE ANY PERSON OUT THERE WHO MASTERED KINETICS I NEED HELP WITH IT. HOW CAN TEMPERATURE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION?
HOW CAN SURFACE AREA OF PARTICLE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION
HOW CAN CONCENTRATION INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION? AND FINALLY HOW CAN PRESSURE INCREASE THE RATE OF REACTION ? NEED HELP!!!!!!:confused:

Dude whats with capitals?

Finish with the toilet, then get back to us...
temperature increases the rate of the reaction as it provided energy for the particles causing them to increase in kinetic energy and hence movement and vibration - this therefore increases the number of successful collisions and hence increases the rate of reaction from the reactants to the product.

Surface area increases the amount of area available for the successful collisions. hence increase kinetic energy etc..

by increasing concentration it implies that there is more of the reactants available for more successful collisions (but be careful with this one, if you increase both you aren't really increasing the rate of reaction, only the amount of product produced...the same with increasing one but not the other - you are only increasing the amount of reactant not the product, but if one was not enough and you increased that reactant, then yes you are increasing the rate of reaction)

by decreasing the pressure you are decreasing the amount of space that the particles have - hence increasing the number of successful collisions occurring. there fore increasing the rate of reaction.
Reply 5
wackysparkle

by decreasing the pressure you are decreasing the amount of space that the particles have ......

Shouldn't it be increasing pressure decreases the amount of space particles have?
(also note - If reaction in equilibrium fewer mole's side of reaction is favoured when pressure is increased)
oh crap, I always got that one wrong! :p: I say it the wrong way round!..
sorry, yes, it is by increasing pressure!!

Latest