The Student Room Group

Best revision guide for Edexcel Biology

I need a book for A2 Edexcel Biology - Ive looked at about half a million and cant decide on which one I should get :confused: (exam's on the 19th!) - I have a textbook already so dont want another one. I was looking at Phillip Allan but not convinced cuz I need to look inside it first lol :p: - if anyone here's used/using it - please give your feedback - I just need a book thats concise but doesnt leave out details (like my CGP one :mad:). Thanks. :smile:
I found the best for AS biology-NAS nelson advanced science
For a2 the one u shud be looking for is "Genetics,Evolution and Biodiversity", i dont think its a rev guide but it is relatively thin and specific to the edexcel exam board, its like they used the book to rite the mark scheme :biggrin:. Im using the AS one rite now for the exam on Monday.
Reply 2
Lol- well that happens to be the 'textbook' I was talking about- its wayyyy too detailed to just 'revise' from and Ive found the language very unfriendly- Im repeating AS Unit 2 but am using the Collins Student Support book which is soooo much better- if onlyyyy they made one for A2 as well! :frown: :frown: I did use the Nelsons one for Unit 3 and got a high A- but I found it rubbish for the others :mad:
Reply 3
I don't know why they don't publish the A2 Collins guides. What am I gonna do next year? :frown:

I guess you could use Advanced Biology For You, but that's also a textbook. It's a lot more concise though than the NAS books and very easy to understand.
I can send you revision notes for unit 4 core and unit 5 minus the gene and evolution stuff. Im using past papers and CGP for those. I can get away with it because the same questions are asked regarding gene technology.
Reply 5
Thanks Asad-that would be so helpful, Im okay with the genes stuff anyway...Im not sure about using CGP for A level though...Ive found them to be very lacking in detail...but let me have a look anyway. Thanks again =)
could u send me them too please?
asadtamimi
I can send you revision notes for unit 4 core and unit 5 minus the gene and evolution stuff. Im using past papers and CGP for those. I can get away with it because the same questions are asked regarding gene technology.

Latest