Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't Understand Her

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Basically I don't understand certain people and if you have some insight to what is going on with them, that would be great.

I'm in Uni and I was in a group with a guy and a girl who I got on okay with, however I realised that they were letting me do most of the work and I ended up sorting out most of the paper work for filming.

On the filming I was meant to be the director and I had never been in that role before and had always done what I was told and done what people wanted. So when I wanted a certain shot the girl I worked with out right refused and we had a big argument about it as I decided for once I wasn't going to budge.

And then after that we were meant to be doing a pitch. And she kept on refusing to show me the basic outline of the presentation even though it was two days before we were meant to be ready. So I decided to do my own presentation as it would ease my worries and we could share ideas and things but she then blow up on me. Calling me controlling, not liking my attitude, threatoning to kick me out of the group if I did the presentation and sounded incredible rude. I excused myself from her group after as I believed I could not work with her.

Though some backstory before this I had worked with her before and did a documentary with her for my course and yet in the production she constantly walked ahead of our group even though we had the equitment and she shouted at us if she thought we were slow when we were being as quick as we could. Even shouting at us in front of people we were meant to be interviewing making them uncomfortile. And she is telling me I'm controlling and I have an attitude?

I just do not understand her and I actaully wish I did. Just so I know more about how to deal with her if I have to work with her in the future (Despite not wanting to) If you know people like her and understand what on earth is going on in their head, would help me?

It's called narcissistic entitlement - she wants what she wants and feels she deserves it. She probably views you the same way. Get used to it, work places are full of people like that: they will take as much as they can, claim full credit regardless of the contributions of others, and lock you out when it suits them and they can.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.