The Student Room Group

Pakistani people! What is your vision for Pakistan's future ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I agree with all of this!

Sounds like an April Fool's though :/
Reply 21
Original post by *Stefan*
I agree with all of this!

Sounds like an April Fool's though :/

LMAO.. This is not a prank.
Reply 22
So many Pakistani people here! Why is this not a hit?
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Build a wall.

What for?
Original post by ODES_PDES
What for?

Naa I was joking :biggrin:
Reply 25
Can't tell if serious or not, but I couldn't disagree more.
Reply 26
Original post by HAnwar
Can't tell if serious or not, but I couldn't disagree more.

Well thats fine. You are entitled to your opinion
Reply 27
Seriously ! I wanna see what the Pakistani youth thinks. And no one is replyig
Reply 28
Original post by King !
Hi

Pakistan has been deteriorating over the years now. From corruption over the moon, to terrorism spreading over the country and minorities unprotected and helpless. However, my aim with this thread is to see what the Pakistani youth wishes to see Pakistan in the future. What is you vision for Pakistan? What kind of Pakistan do you want

My vision is...

1) A secular Pakistan. A Pakistan where there is a separation between state and religion, whether it be Islam, Christianity..Religious laws should be abolished and religious scholars should have no say whatsoever in Politics. Blasphemy Laws, or Punishment for apostasy should be outlawed, Pakistan should follow the model of countries like Turkey, Albania or Uzbekistan. Religious TV channels should be banned for spreading hate and intolerance ! And hate preachers should be jailed and have receive no media attention

2) A liberal Pakistan, A Pakistan where a women should be able to dress however without facing any kind of fatwas ( following from the first point ) or anger from the public. ( That anger should be used to address issues like poverty and corruption ). A Pakistan where no one should be judged or discriminated regardless of what race, religion , gender or sexual orientation he subscribes to.

3) A women friendly Pakistan ! Dont need to add anything to this because we all know what Pakistani women have to go through. Some have not got basic rights.

4) Representative democracy is not working for Pakistan. We need a secular liberal permanent leader like Bashar Al Assad ( before the Syrian War) or King Abdullah ( from Jordan ) or maybe how China works. A leader who can make fast and quick decision in the interest of his country. However he should be liberal and secular and not like Zial Hul Haq ( I am so happy he died in such a disgusting manner, he deserved it). The issue with representative democracy is that it takes too long to make decisions and often proposals are moulded and altered when they go through the parliamentary scrutiny, and thereby the initial effectiveness of the proposals is watered down. And nothing is done in Parliament, and we see that in Pakistan. Morever we can see the high amount of corruption that is perpetuated in Pakistan because of a system which is not meant to help Pakistan in the first place.

5)

Things I would make illegal and criminalize:

Religious Channels, Faith schools, Religious leaders in Politics, Religious political parties, Niqab/Burka under the age of 21, McDonalds,..any religious law..

Things I would make legal and decriminalize:

Alcohol, Weed, Homosexuality,...

You know by saying this your kind of going against the reason Pakistan was created.. Basically saying that what Mohammad Ali Jinnah did for Pakistan was wrong and useless....
Reply 29
Original post by MBFP
You know by saying this your kind of going against the reason Pakistan was created.. Basically saying that what Mohammad Ali Jinnah did for Pakistan was wrong and useless....

Mohmmad Ali Jinnah created Pakistan on a secular basis. No religious laws existed in Pakistan. No Blasphemy laws etc.

Pakistan was literally another part of India.
Alcohol was legal btw
Original post by MBFP

Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted a Muslim majority secular state...

Not unlike the current constitution of Bangladesh ironically
Original post by King !
Alcohol was legal btw

Interestingly, if I recall correctly, I think Jinnah drank wine on a semi-regular basis?
Reply 32
Original post by chemting
Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted a Muslim majority secular state...

Not unlike the current constitution of Bangladesh ironically

What do you mean ?
Reply 33
Interestingly, if I recall correctly, I think Jinnah drank wine on a semi-regular basis?

Whether he did or not, Alcohol was legal under his rule
As you mentioned, Pakistan was founded on a secular stone and NOT Islamic. Whether it be a Muslim majority or not is irrelevant
Original post by King !
What do you mean ?

Secularism was one of the first principles in the constitution of Bangladesh. It was removed, but then added and thus it remains as such.

I don't know whether most people of Bangladesh are secular, in fact a lot of people are far from it :colondollar:
Reply 35
Original post by King !
Mohmmad Ali Jinnah created Pakistan on a secular basis. No religious laws existed in Pakistan. No Blasphemy laws etc.

Pakistan was literally another part of India.
Alcohol was legal btw

The ONLY reason Pakistan was created was so that muslims in India (those who wanted) could have a country of their own in which the state would have Islam as its religion, indeed that's why Jinnah's political party's name was All India Muslim League...
Reply 36
Secularism was one of the first principles in the constitution of Bangladesh. It was removed, but then added and thus it remains as such.

I don't know whether most people of Bangladesh are secular, in fact a lot of people are far from it :colondollar:

I think Bangladeshi people have more sense than Pakistanis. Hindus make up about 8% of Bangladesh and they are safe and face no persecution. Altough extremism is growing because of Saudi Arabia, but I hope things go in the reverse direction, The fact that they have recently dropped Islam as their state religion is a good sign.
Original post by King !
Whether he did or not, Alcohol was legal under his rule
As you mentioned, Pakistan was founded on a secular stone and NOT Islamic. Whether it be a Muslim majority or not is irrelevant

I know, I was just saying that as an interesting side note :tongue:. I don't doubt or question his faith, he was probably a practicing Muslim but you're right, he visioned a secular Pakistan.
Reply 38
Original post by MBFP
The ONLY reason Pakistan was created was so that muslims in India (those who wanted) could have a country of their own in which the state would have Islam as its religion, indeed that's why Jinnah's political party's name was All India Muslim League...

I know...You have made that point, and I do not deny that...
BUT..He never implemented any religious laws like a ban on alcohol or blaspehmy laws.

His vision was a secular Pakistan and not Pakistan which is influenced by animals like Amir Liquati or Politicians who advocate Sharia.
Reply 39
I know, but there is hope for everyone, even Pakistan and Afghanistan, I mean look at Japan, China and South Korea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending