The Student Room Group

Uni nightlife/courses

Opinions or recommendations on night life at Manchester/ Plymouth or Gloucestershire University and the area. Trying to make my decision on my uni choice and or course night life is not everything but interested in finding out other peoples opinions on the night life and universities in general. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by rwilliams21
Opinions or recommendations on night life at Manchester/ Plymouth or Gloucestershire University and the area. Trying to make my decision on my uni choice and or course night life is not everything but interested in finding out other peoples opinions on the night life and universities in general. Thanks

Hi there,

I was exactly the same when i was researching Universities, I wanted to make sure there would be a night life as well as a good course at my dream choice. I went to the University of Gloucestershire and absolutely fell in love with the bars and clubs there.

I was based in Cheltenham so just used to get taxis or buses into town. Honestly there are so many choices available but you quickly find your favourites. It really depends on what sort of music scene you are after. I found myself drawn to mainstream chart music clubs so would often go to 'Moo Moos', 'Fever' 'Kukui' or 'Subtone'. If it was bars and cocktail bars you were after I would say 'Lounge 72' or 'Bentleys' maybe 'Lily Gins'.

Like I said its actually surprising, or rather it was for me, how much of a night scene there is at the University of Gloucestershire. Because there are so many festivals in the area as well, it means more people come to the town/ city and town gets even more atmospheric and attractive.

Personally I always found the area to be really safe as well which certainly put my parents at ease about me moving away.

Let me know if you need anymore info and i would be happy to help.

Jack

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending