The Student Room Group

How much time did you spend revising?

For those of you who studied A-Level History, Religious Studies and/or English Literature, how long did you spend studying and what grades did you achieve?
Reply 1
For A2 History I wrote the coursework essay the night before the deadline, and started revising for the exam about a week beforehand. Achieved an A*
Reply 2
Original post by SEM94
For A2 History I wrote the coursework essay the night before the deadline, and started revising for the exam about a week beforehand. Achieved an A*

Lucky you. How people ever manage to do this, I shall never know.

Which board were you on? Units?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ivybridge
Lucky you. How people ever manage to do this, I shall never know.

Which board were you on? Units?

I tend to work much better under pressure, has always been the way.

My exam board was Edexcel; coursework module was the Unification of Germany, and exam module was International Relations 1870-1945.
Reply 4
Original post by SEM94

My Exam board was Edexcel; coursework module was the Unification of Germany, and exam module was International Relations 1870-1945.

Fair play. I could never do that - I'd literally get a U.

Ah. I'm on AQA. My unit for the exam is also international relations but different times and I chose to do the Witch-Craze for my coursework.
Reply 5
Currently doing my A2 History (CCEA exam board) and was planning to start some revision this week, gradually building it up until my exams in late May. I am predicted a C, though have the potential to get an A if I do not have my usual exam panic, haha. Have you done much revision for your History exams yet?
Reply 6
Original post by sableo
Currently doing my A2 History (CCEA exam board) and was planning to start some revision this week, gradually building it up until my exams in late May. I am predicted a C, though have the potential to get an A if I do not have my usual exam panic, haha. Have you done much revision for your History exams yet?

I've done some but I'm prioritising a couple of unit resits for AS and my coursework because they are sooner. I am predicted an A but I only need a B.

((GOOD LUCK BY THE WAY! :smile:))
Reply 7
I've done some but I'm prioritising a couple of unit resits for AS and my coursework because they are sooner. I am predicted an A but I only need a B.

((GOOD LUCK BY THE WAY! :smile:))

Nice one, I'm sure you'll do well. Damn CCEA for not having any coursework units haha! Good luck to you also :smile:
Reply 8
:bump:

Come on guys.
Reply 9
Original post by SEM94

My exam board was Edexcel; coursework module was the Unification of Germany, and exam module was International Relations 1870-1945.

I was wondering - what did you do for revision in History?
Reply 10
I was wondering - what did you do for revision in History?

Although I left revision very last minute I was very consistent with my noting throughout A2, so I had very detailed notes leading up to the exam. In the week before the exam, I spent the first 3-4 days reading through all of my notes and making revision cards, which I split up thematically and then spent the remaining days doing past papers. I must have spent around 14 hours working each day, and when it came to the day of the exam everything was fresh in my mind, and I got pretty lucky with what topics came up.

It was obviously a very stressful week but seems to be the only way I can work.

Quick Reply

Latest