Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

before im due on i have PMS i literally have all the symptoms associated with PMS, like i dont have enough suffering while im actually on my period :mad:

i have extreme forms of emotional ones which are is classed as PMDD as it affects my every day life and stuff as i just stay in bed all day and cry and feel sad due to feeling depressed or get angry and irritated at the smallest things like my brother asking me something makes me so angry and gets me so emotional and worked up over it

is there any point in going to a doctor about it? i mean could they actually do about it?

I got diagnosed with PMDD after I started to feel extremely depressed and angry when due a period and I was offered antidepressants but chose not to take them and went on the pill instead. Been on that for 4/5 years now and I only take a period once every few months now instead of every month and the PMS/PMDD symptoms I get nowadays are nowhere near as bad as they were with a natural period.

I also have several mental health conditions that could have caused me to become worse around the time of the month so I just took the diagnosis of PMDD with a pinch of salt as I felt ad though it was a mixture of things causing my symptoms and not just a period hormone problem. It is worth getting checked out though as some physical conditions such as thyroid problems can cause PMS/PMDD like symptoms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.