The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Liverpool or Reading?.....

I can't decide, which is best overall and to choose (Liverpool or Reading). The idea of Liverpool been a member of the RG is a big positive. Whilst, Reading Uni, is close to London and is ranked higher in the ranking for History.

Which is better in your view and why??!!??
Reply 1
Original post by Teiao9
I can't decide, which is best overall and to choose (Liverpool or Reading). The idea of Liverpool been a member of the RG is a big positive. Whilst, Reading Uni, is close to London and is ranked higher in the ranking for History.

I don't know anything about Reading but When you say its ranked higher have you looked at the reasons why, they may be choosing to rank them by things like entry requirement which aren't really relevant to the course, its just an idea but it might be worth having a look.

I'm at studying at Liverpool and so I can say its a really nice place, most of the accommodation is new within the last 2-3 years and on campus (not the student villages). The campus is close to the city center and the docks and the shopping is amazing. Although the number of greg's bakeries around is surprisingly high for someone coming from the South. There are also lots of pubs, bars and clubs, and the Echo has some good performances on.
Rent tends to be very cheap, in second year in houses most people pay £65-80 per person per week including bills.
Also the train to London only takes 2h 10m and is very reliable (I take it frequently and never had a delay)
If you have any questions about Liverpool feel free to ask me :smile:

Also have you posted this in the History forum as well, you might get better answers from there :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Teiao9

I'd just like to say that the history department is wonderful and you would be in excellent hands. The staff are amazing. I was only in the department for a very short time but I've heard nothing but positive experiences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending