The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scotchy
Anyone else in london had the call or email? I can't stand this waiting!

Got a call yesterday telling me my location. They will call me again in a week or 2 telling me my start date.
Original post by Superflyish24
Got a call yesterday telling me my location. They will call me again in a week or 2 telling me my start date.

for those of us on a reserve list, I cant see for what reasons they would use the list, only if people fail the checks?
Reply 382
Hi Superflyish24
Could you please tell me, when they offered you the post and said they will call with a start date, did they say anything about subject to you passing pre employment checks, or have they given you the post regardless?

If I accept a start date I can't risk losing the job if my checks don't come back correctly as I don't know what my pervious employer will say.
Does anyone know if we start on the lower end of the payscale or how do they determine that? Also, would we get the London weighting at all? Or is it already incorporated into the salary?
Original post by KIM_123
Hi Superflyish24
Could you please tell me, when they offered you the post and said they will call with a start date, did they say anything about subject to you passing pre employment checks, or have they given you the post regardless?

If I accept a start date I can't risk losing the job if my checks don't come back correctly as I don't know what my pervious employer will say.

I asked about the checks and he said they are still on going but they're doing them quickly. He wasn't sure about the start dates himself that's why he said he will call back in a week or 2.
So I log in and I check my unsuccessful application (as I needed to copy an example for another role I was applying for) and I notice they added the health questionnaire... It's a mess with the DWPs handling of this :colonhash:
Original post by awascher
Does anyone know if we start on the lower end of the payscale or how do they determine that? Also, would we get the London weighting at all? Or is it already incorporated into the salary?

You'll start on the lower end of the pay scale, unless you're a professional with years of experience and can prove that you're worth more, you'll start at the bottom. London weighting is already added to the pay scale if within London.
Original post by PandaSal
You'll start on the lower end of the pay scale, unless you're a professional with years of experience and can prove that you're worth more, you'll start at the bottom. London weighting is already added to the pay scale if within London.

Everyone starts on the lower end of the payscale unless you're moving from anothrr government department where your wage is higher. If that is the case you're put on the salary point which matches your current salary (or the next one up so you don't loose out). If your current civil service salary is higher than their top paypoint then unfortunately you'll lose out. However PCS and DWP are negotiating new t&c's and pay. There's a vote soon and PCS are recommending to vote yes. It will involve one single salary point for the grade so no sliding scale. Think for this grade its 5% increase year 1-3 and 4 point something in year 4. Each July. Payable in September.
Original post by PandaSal
So I log in and I check my unsuccessful application (as I needed to copy an example for another role I was applying for) and I notice they added the health questionnaire... It's a mess with the DWPs handling of this :colonhash:

They usually add attachments to everyone as it uploads to the job advert, I believe.
Has anyone from London got their start date yet?
Reply 390
Nope still just a provisional offer!
Original post by Scotchy
Nope still just a provisional offer!

Have they given you your location?
Reply 392
No, nothing yet, going to give them a call this afternoon.
Has anyone from London got their start date yet?

I was given a date based on my notice period, but it's just a provisional date at the end of June. I'm still waiting for the checks to be completed. But they said the date will be pushed back if need be. Has anyone actually handed in their notice before getting their formal letter?
Original post by Cupcakekidnapper
I was given a date based on my notice period, but it's just a provisional date at the end of June. I'm still waiting for the checks to be completed. But they said the date will be pushed back if need be. Has anyone actually handed in their notice before getting their formal letter?

They told me my location but noting about a start date. Hopefully they let us know this week
I got a start date and they want me to confirm today if I can start on the 4th of July and location is central London. I'm in employment at the minute so not going to risk it. I'm going to call them today saying I have a 4 weeks notice period but can only give my notice once the checks are cleared and completed.
I also got told they want me to start as soon as possible however I have to give 4 weeks notice where I work and don't want to leave until I have received a formal offer as I cannot afford to be out of work for any period of time. I have spoken to the director who states my line manager will call me this week, its frustrating as I don't know when to hand notice in!
Original post by awascher
I got a start date and they want me to confirm today if I can start on the 4th of July and location is central London. I'm in employment at the minute so not going to risk it. I'm going to call them today saying I have a 4 weeks notice period but can only give my notice once the checks are cleared and completed.

When did they tell you your start date?
When did they tell you your start date?

I got an email on Friday.
Reply 399
Anyone had a reply from Cheshire area Chester, Ellesmere Port and Natwich.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending