The Student Room Group

Dark, Sequestered, Lonely Path To 9 A*

Konichiwa:u:

So Basically, I've been really angry lately, Ive finally tracked down the root to my problems, after hard and excruciating examinations i finally came up with a conclusion:

I am Stupid.

For my Mock Examinations I got:

English Language: B
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Physics: B
Chemistry: B
RE: A (should of been an A* but unicorns don't exist)
Spanish: A*
Music Technology: B (Merit)
Drama: B (should of been an A* but we breathe air)

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash

As reference, for A levels I want to study:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(not sure for the fourth Computing/ Further Maths)

So I have decided to document my revision everyday for the next 30 days which will be our first GCSE Exam :s-smilie:.

In the Future I would like to Study Economics At Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or Imperial, respectively. After this I want to be a Stock Broker/ Inv. Banker.:colonhash:

My current Year, Year 11 will be the last Year to do the current/old syllabus, this has been staged as another incentive for me to get the best grades possible.

Grades I Want To Get By The End of Year 11:

English Language: A*/A
English Literature: A
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A* - Easy
Spanish: A* - Easy
Music Technology: Distinction (A)
Drama: A* - Easy

These are the Grades I will need to get into Wallington Grammar School For Sixth Form (Ive already gotten into my first choice, However I'm not sure whether to pick that or Wallington)

My Revision will Entail:

Going over each topic, making mind maps - I find these to be more effective.

I have printed about 5-6 Past Papers for each Topic and I plan to finish these by the end of the Easter Break.

However I'm still not sure how to revise both (English's? Englishes? Engli?) so any help will be appreciated.

Lastly I have made a Time Table for My revision which is here:

So you can also use it if you find it to be effective for yourself. ( I would like to seize this opportunity to apologise for the diabolical colour scheme, Forgive me.)

TimeTable.png

I would be delighted if any of you embarked on my mission along side me.
This is really just to help me with motivation as Im just a box of lethargy:h:
I shall be posting daily at the specified time on the time table.

Gracias,
Kharis.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Random but i love the word 'sequestered' :h: it is just so pleasing to say :yes: good luck with this all btw :hugs:
Reply 2
Original post by HeimIX
Ohio! :u:

So Basically, I've been really angry lately, Ive finally tracked down the root to my problems, after hard and excruciating examinations i finally came up with a conclusion:

I am Stupid.

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash. :/

So I have decided to document my revision everyday for the next 30 days which will be our first GCSE Exam :s-smilie:.

In the Future I would like to Study Economics At Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or Imperial, respectively. After this I want to be a Stock Broker/ Inv. Banker.:colonhash:

My current Year, Year 11 will be the last Year to do the current/old syllabus, this has been staged as another incentive for me to get the best grades possible.

These are the Grades I will need to get into Wallington Grammar School For Sixth Form (Ive already gotten into my first choice, However I'm not sure whether to pick that or Wallington)

My Revision will Entail:

I have printed about 5-6 Past Papers for each Topic and I plan to finish these by the end of the Easter Break.

However I'm still not sure how to revise both (English's? Englishes? Engli?) so any help will be appreciated.

So you can also use it if you find it to be effective for yourself. ( I would like to seize this opportunity to apologise for the diabolical colour scheme, Forgive me.)

TimeTable.png

Gracias,
Kharis.

Um, don't hold me to the time on the TimeTable, Im pretty much the guy you ask to come to your party an hour before because you know I will always be late.
sigh
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Random but i love the word 'sequestered' :h: it is just so pleasing to say :yes: good luck with this all btw :hugs:

Thank you, young sir.

I bid you a goodnight.
Ah, i am also planning to study economics at LSE and become an investment banker :smile:
Haha yes, anime
Reply 6
I'm also aiming for 10 A*/A's this year. My Mock results were all A's so I am confident in saying that if i put the revision in this easter I'm able to achieve my goal. However I don't work from a timetable. I tend to find it hard to stick to a timetable because I'm genuinely a busy person with family and everything...

I also don't have any idea how to revise for english either! Both Literature and Language, because it's not like there's set answers for things. I'm doing past papers atm, but that's it, I don't know how else to revise for english
Reply 7
Original post by rohit301099
Ah, i am also planning to study economics at LSE and become an investment banker :smile:

Investment Banking is the way forward :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Username3097486
Haha yes, anime

You know it, have to get in my daily dose!
Original post by HeimIX
Investment Banking is the way forward :biggrin:

Yep, where would you like to work in investment banking?
Reply 10
Original post by 1rs
I'm also aiming for 10 A*/A's this year. My Mock results were all A's so I am confident in saying that if i put the revision in this easter I'm able to achieve my goal. However I don't work from a timetable. I tend to find it hard to stick to a timetable because I'm genuinely a busy person with family and everything...

I also don't have any idea how to revise for english either! Both Literature and Language, because it's not like there's set answers for things. I'm doing past papers atm, but that's it, I don't know how else to revise for english

Same, I usually find it hard to stay on schedule for anything really, but I'm going to try and manage my time better, hence the TimeTable :smile: As for English what I think you should do is check out Mr.Bruff on YouTube, he's really amazing when it comes to help for revising English and also Bitesize, they really good resources etc. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by rohit301099
Yep, where would you like to work in investment banking?

Hmm, Im hoping to stay somewhere in central London, for some reason ever since I was young I've liked the busy central life, as for who, I hear barclays is good, I haven't done that much research yet so I'm not well-versed in the Inv. Banking field :smile:

What about you?
Just a heads up they don't teach economics at imperial.
Reply 13
Original post by humanteaparty
Just a heads up they don't teach economics at imperial.

Ah, ok Ill probably sub in Durham or UCL :smile: Thanks!
Original post by HeimIX
Hmm, Im hoping to stay somewhere in central London, for some reason ever since I was young I've liked the busy central life, as for who, I hear barclays is good, I haven't done that much research yet so I'm not well-versed in the Inv. Banking field :smile:

What about you?

Ah, i want to go to New York apparently that's where all the action's at atm. I wanted to work at JP Morgan chase, they are really good plus the pay is awesome :biggrin:. Yea, i like the busy central life too. Have found out what area in Inv. Banking you want to work in?
Original post by HeimIX
Ah, ok Ill probably sub in Durham or UCL :smile: Thanks!

Durham and UCL are both really good universities. However I think you should defiantly consider Warwick as its economics department is one of the best in the world.
Btw man, how are you going to fit in finishing mind maps and past papers?
For English im doing AQA. So, for language I either do past papers or get random articles up on the internet and answer the questions for the reading section based on the 3 different articles and for the writing section I'm just practising my writing so constantly writing drafts etc. English literature I'm doing An Inspector Calls & Of Mice and Men so im just doing mind maps of the different themes and characters that are shown in the books and then I write essays on them. Mr Bruff is really good on YouTube aswell.

But personally, I struggle with revising for maths. Apart from doing past papers I don't know how to revise because the text books just don't help me. I've been stuck on an A for the past year and really want an A*, so if anyone has any tips please do share :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by HeimIX
Ohayo! :u:

I am Stupid.

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash. :/

My Revision will Entail:

TimeTable.png

Gracias,
Kharis.

What are you doing next year?
You don't do Biology??

Quick Reply

Latest