The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZuluK
Aaaahhhh why you feeling sad? :frown: Is everything okay?

:frown: It's just my work and stuff, hopefully when it's all finished I will feel better!
Dyinggggggggg of exhaustion atm :frown:
heya
bahhhhh bloody anon
Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect
bahhhhh bloody anon

:rofl:
After 13 hours of sleep, I still feel tired and ill. Massive headache :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
After 13 hours of sleep, I still feel tired and ill. Massive headache :frown:

*gives up on life* *changes username to Anon 6*
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:frown: It's just my work and stuff, hopefully when it's all finished I will feel better!

Hey... Hope you feel better! Did you get any sleep? :redface:

Oh and because of you I felt like having chocolate and went and bought myself the mini tray of ferrero Roche and I can't wait to eat them :biggrin:
*gives up on life* *changes username to Anon 6*

:tongue: Awwww.... Doesn't matter... The system is "perfectly imperfect" :lol:

Sorry that was bad :colondollar:

And don't worry about the anon :redface: we know it's you :biggrin:
I
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
I would like to make an official thread for those who have insomnia or simply just can't sleep, maybe it's too cold, got things on your mind, or too busy on tsr Talk to us !! We're here for you

I am replying with some hopefully helpful advice for all those night owls!
- Don't use electrical devices before bed (Turn of an hour before you plan to sleep)
- Set an alarm for the morning
- Avoid caffeine and sugar
- Have green tea, milk or a tea before bed (Careful with the sugar in the tea)
- Dont have your main meal too late
- Try relaxation breathing such as closing your eyes and breathing in 4 and out 8
- Ensure you feel clean so you're not focussing on something you have to do in the morning (A warm shower before bed can really help)
- Try this medication called kahlms for night time (Most drug stores sell it)
- Don't try and sleep on a negative thought or an argument, before bed think of at least one positive thing before you sleep and something you are privileged for
- Make sure your sheets are always clean and you have a made bed to get into
- DO NOT SLEEP WITH SOCKS ITS STRESSFUL

Happy sleeping and goodluck <3
Original post by summer998*
I

I am replying with some hopefully helpful advice for all those night owls!
- Don't use electrical devices before bed (Turn of an hour before you plan to sleep)
- Set an alarm for the morning
- Avoid caffeine and sugar
- Have green tea, milk or a tea before bed (Careful with the sugar in the tea)
- Dont have your main meal too late
- Try relaxation breathing such as closing your eyes and breathing in 4 and out 8
- Ensure you feel clean so you're not focussing on something you have to do in the morning (A warm shower before bed can really help)
- Try this medication called kahlms for night time (Most drug stores sell it)
- Don't try and sleep on a negative thought or an argument, before bed think of at least one positive thing before you sleep and something you are privileged for
- Make sure your sheets are always clean and you have a made bed to get into
- DO NOT SLEEP WITH SOCKS ITS STRESSFUL

Happy sleeping and goodluck <3

Preaching to the choir or the non-believers..or something. Tried them all, they don't work. And my feet freeze when I don't wear socks in bed.. bad circulation
Original post by ZuluK
:tongue: Awwww.... Doesn't matter... The system is "perfectly imperfect" :lol:

Sorry that was bad :colondollar:

And don't worry about the anon :redface: we know it's you :biggrin:

I was waiting for somebody to use that joke...
I was waiting for somebody to use that joke...

:colondollar: It just had to be done :colondollar:

:lol:
It's too bright today...the sun is hurting my eyes
Original post by ZuluK
Oh damn.!!! Exam in 2 days? Which one? I hate that when we have to go out, we have to spend money :colonhash:

Oh I meant I can't afford it because of the exam, not money-wise.. Not that I'm rolling in it, but I'm not starving either haha!

It was a unievrsity exam, 2nd year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science at DMU :smile:
...One down, 5 to go! :redface:
This time tomorrow I'll be in my physics exam :colonhash: why the **** do I put myself through this?
Original post by carrotstar
Oh I meant I can't afford it because of the exam, not money-wise.. Not that I'm rolling in it, but I'm not starving either haha!

It was a unievrsity exam, 2nd year Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Science at DMU :smile:
...One down, 5 to go! :redface:

Oooohhhhh lol fair enough :lol:

Aww how was it? Damn! Just the name of the course makes me flinch haha... Aw 5? Wow... I've got 3 left :frown:
Original post by ZuluK
Oooohhhhh lol fair enough :lol:

Aww how was it? Damn! Just the name of the course makes me flinch haha... Aw 5? Wow... I've got 3 left :frown:

Not bad thanks, probably the easiest of the lot.. Yeah I can't wait til they're over! What are you studying?
Original post by carrotstar
Not bad thanks, probably the easiest of the lot.. Yeah I can't wait til they're over! What are you studying?

Ah that's alright... I've done the most difficult one but then anatomy is going to kill me :angry: I hate!!! I'm doing radiography, first year :redface:
Original post by ZuluK
Ah that's alright... I've done the most difficult one but then anatomy is going to kill me :angry: I hate!!! I'm doing radiography, first year :redface:

Sounds interesting! At least your worst one is over! Good luck to you :smile:

Quick Reply