The Student Room Group

Distance learning

HI all i'm new here but I was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I currently live in the UK and about to finish college and soon going to uni but a lot has changed and it turns out im moving to Canada for 2 years lol. i have been looking at long distance learning as i would love to get my BSc in a computing subject. does anybody know a good place that offers these courses? or is it even possible to study that long distance haha any help would be amazing
These are the distance learning degrees I know of, but there might be more.

The Open University
BSc Computing and IT

The University of London (International Programme)
BSc Computing and Information Systems
BSc Creative Computing

Staffordshire University
BSc Applied Computing

University of Hertfordshire
BSc Computer Science

Not sure if you could study with these from Canada though, you'd have to check. Would it not bet better just to wait 2 years and start your degree when you get back?
Why are you moving to Canada?

If it's just that your parents are moving, I would have thought that your best option would be to go to uni here, live in halls and see them in the holidays, just like international students do.

Alternatively, perhaps you could go to university in Canada?

Do be aware that if you do go to Canada for two years and then return and want to go to uni here, there's a very significant likelihood that it will cause issues with your student finance - you could find yourself reclassified as an international student, because fee status is based on residency, not citizenship.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending