The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Ok, so I've been allocated my halls of residence but...

I randomly thought i'd check my "the portal" bit where prospective students can login in and I was having a look through it, and I clicked on the "next steps" bit and to my suprise it said I had been allocated my halls of residence sometime last week and all I needed to do was accept the place- I didnt get an email about it and I havent recieved any forms it talks about me signing and sending back. Has this happened to anyone else? Have you recieved any forms to sign and send back? :confused: :s-smilie: :confused:
It also says students who've been allocated a room in University catered halls can also access more information about their accomodation right now and there is a link for me to click on taking me through to the hospitality website where it congratulates me on my offer of accomodation and says I just need to click on "undergraduate" and then the halls of residence to get more information, but theres no link for undergraduate- am I just missing something really obvious here, I cant find anywhere to click on which would take me through to getting more info about my halls of residence!?
I rang up to request my halls of residence and now Ive got it I'd be really pissed of if I lost the offer.........so any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated :cool:
Reply 1
meh, dervent living (they own raleigh park) has already taken my deposit and according to the portal I haven't even been allocated yet..:rolleyes:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
whats the link for the portal? is it www.nottingham.ac.uk/psp ?

If so, it doesn't work for me.
I've never used the portal before! Are we supposed to accept our accommodation there and then?
Reply 5
ice_topaz
I've never used the portal before! Are we supposed to accept our accommodation there and then?

no, it just shows your status - well, of your application to the university and of your application for accommodation(if you've applied of course):wink:
The Portal is Notts uni's attempt at being all cutting edge doing everything online... unfortunately they're not too good at it and its full of endless bugs/problems (and a tendancy to fail around exam periods). It generally works ok for registered students but i could never get it working beforehand either.

Dont rely on it at this stage.. if you have questions about accommodation, phoning up the uni would be your best bet. you can find more information about the halls on Wikipedia..

the standard portal log-in page is http://my.nottingham.ac.uk though you really wont need to use i for a while, and you'll have lectures on how to use it at the start of your course
Reply 7
I got loads of forms through yesterday which have to be sent back by 7th June with passports photos and everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending