The Student Room Group

Conditional to Unconditional- but i haven't met the requirements?

(edited 7 years ago)
How can you fail to meet the requirements if the letter says there are no conditions? Well there is one and thats you firm it, if you do that they cant then refuse you. If you didnt have it as your firm, but the insurance, then they would only give you a place if you met their offer.

Ring them up and am sure Leeds will confirm what i've said.
You need to confirm what they mean for sure by calling them before you accept any offers. They aren't supposed to be able to reverse giving you an offer when it is unconditional because that is a binding contract, unconditional means exactly what it sounds like - we don't care what happens, we want you. However, in some rare cases I have heard of unis trying to reverse their decision when students have decided not to make an effort during their exams after receiving this offer because it makes them look lazy and complacent.

They're supposed to give you an unconditional unsually only if you have already met the requirments. Like you already have your results, you've done your exams in advance are taking a gap year or they simply trust that you're going to get the grades they think you are.

Quick Reply

Latest