Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

What Revision has everyone done today?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 11-10-2016

Over half way through notes on a Geog unit and going to revise 2 topics of history later

Nothing... And I haven't done a single bit of work this whole Easter holiday. I'm in A2, I don't know why I've suddenly decided to give up. Send help.

Did some spanish past papers and was meant to do english lit revision but I've kind of gone off track (aka been on tsr for the last hour).

Was out for most of the day so haven't done as much as I could have normalerweise

I did some philosophy epistemology revision this morning, and now I'm going over some irregular verbs in German (I've learnt 50 out of 100 that I've been trying to cover).

I think I'll do more epistemology l8r this evening

I've convincing myself that by answering a few M1/M2 threads that it counts as revision

(Original post by mygcserevision)
    How is that going to help you revise? Like who's going to mark it? How do you mark it yourself and learn from your mistakes? I don't know how I'm going to revise for English because I feel its something teachers have to mark but what if they cant mark it?
    Literally the ONLY way to revise Lit is by doing essays. That way you learn all the important quotes and prepare for anything you could get asked in the exam. Once I've written the essay, I commit it to memory, so if anything similar to that comes up, then I'll be prepared.

I get them marked by my teacher. However, I'm now at the point where I don't really need them to mark it. You only really need your teacher to mark your essays up to the point when you know how to write an A grade essay. After that, doing essays is just your way of creating the revision material.

In other subjects, you memorise from a textbook.

In Lit, you create the info in your essays. That is what you then memorise.

I did two Core 4 Papers and a Physics Unit 1 paper, made flash cards for Stats probability because i can never remember the formulas, went over what I'd learnt about electricity annd im currently going over the whole compsci trying to get the crap to sink into my thick skull. Annnd now I'm going to go and practice: Binary Subtraction, Floating Point Binary, Core 1 paper, Core 2 Paper, Go over my mistakes in some past papers and do some other excel work real quick

Bio - biological elements, mammal gaseous exchange system and plant diseases and plant defences

Old bio past paper
    C1 past paper
    Half of m1 past paper

To do : c2 past paper and history mind maps for like 3 hours

If I finish b4 midnight I'll do some physics questions

And sleep !
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.