The Student Room Group

Firm and insurance choice

Hi,

I have finally received all my offers on UCAS track website but i have a dilemma i have two which is between Southampton Solent and University of Portsmouth but i cannot decide which one to choose as my firm choice or insurance, i want to go to Portsmouth but they're asking for Level 2 Functional skills maths but i don't have that right now and i want to choose Southampton to be safe as well to ensure i can get into uni

Opinions?
Original post by Anton01
Hi,

I have finally received all my offers on UCAS track website but i have a dilemma i have two which is between Southampton Solent and University of Portsmouth but i cannot decide which one to choose as my firm choice or insurance, i want to go to Portsmouth but they're asking for Level 2 Functional skills maths but i don't have that right now and i want to choose Southampton to be safe as well to ensure i can get into uni

Opinions?

If you aren't studying what they have asked for then you can't accept that offer, unis arent generally lenient with level 2 qualifications so you're probably going to have to go for southampton.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If you aren't studying what they have asked for then you can't accept that offer, unis arent generally lenient with level 2 qualifications so you're probably going to have to go for southampton.

but i still need to pick what my firm and insurance choice is
Original post by Anton01
Hi,

Opinions?

Is your Portsmouth offer conditional on getting the maths? And are you taking it at some point? If you put on your application that you were taking it, then they will have included it in the offer. If you did not say you were taking it and they included it in the offer, then they have made a mistake in making that offer and you need to contact them and discuss the situation.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Is your Portsmouth offer conditional on getting the maths? And are you taking it at some point? If you put on your application that you were taking it, then they will have included it in the offer. If you did not say you were taking it and they included it in the offer, then they have made a mistake in making that offer and you need to contact them and discuss the situation.

Yeah its a conditional offer that states i need to get maths, and i put it on my application
Original post by Anton01
Yeah its a conditional offer that states i need to get maths, and i put it on my application

Well, in that case, it's surely Portsmouth (where you want to go) as your firm, and Solent as your insurance? Am I missing something?
Reply 6
Well, in that case, it's surely Portsmouth (where you want to go) as your firm, and Solent as your insurance? Am I missing something?

No, i was just undecided on which uni i should choose for firm and insurance thats all
Original post by Anton01
No, i was just undecided on which uni i should choose for firm and insurance thats all

You said you preferred Portsmouth? Surely that would be your firm?
Original post by Anton01

Always firm the one you most want to go to.
Reply 9
Original post by emiloujess
You said you preferred Portsmouth? Surely that would be your firm?

Always firm the one you most want to go to.

Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending