Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Since my apprenticeship went wrong, something is up with me.

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I have never been a confident person as I was bullied like mad at secondary school - I also did absolutely awful at school grade wise. I decided to get an apprenticeship, which of course I was nervous at the start (like everyone) but soon I became more confident with travelling, working long hours, lots of independence - no I didn't make loads of friends of anything but I was a quite confident and happy person. I then had an unfortunate experience of my boss not treating me correctly and doing me out a lot of money (which was about 6 months of the end) I wad forced to leave for my own safety (as ballifts were coming in and the business on brink of collapse as-well of being mistreated). I remember the last few weeks I was feeling just stressed-out. The last day was just awful, I honestly thought I was going to collapse having a heart-attack or something when I was walking back to the train. After I left I was relieved but soon struggled as going from starting my working life to having no job or grades and being stuck at home and also having a crazy couple of months trying to get the money I was owed, writing to MPs offering me to see government figures, even being invited to me filmed on TV shows about my experience. I just felt too overwhelmed and wasn't up to doing many of these things, and the thought just made me more stressed.

I have always wanted to run a web design business, so I setup a web design business which is doing quite well and is growing (all from my room!). However lately I have been feeling really nervous about simple tasks such as walking to the shops on my own, getting breathless and find it hard to relax. Its really effecting me and getting me down now. I keep thinking I have all these health issues constantly. I go through spells of feeling really good and positive but then go through a few weeks of feeling really negative.

You would need to go and see your GP for a diagnosis. Do tell them about the ups and down swings because that sounds a bit like bipolar, but you need to see a medical professional. If so then they cam advise on strategies and perhaps medication to assist you.

Good luck with the business and I hope you got some money back.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.