The Student Room Group

Reckon my operation is too close to exams?

Having a none emergency operation on the 27th of April, only a day surgery, but the doctor says for me to rest for a week afterwards. That puts it on the 4th of May, about 20 or so days before my first exam.

Think I'll be fine? Or should I see about rescheduling it for July?
Original post by dcthorpe
Having a none emergency operation on the 27th of April, only a day surgery, but the doctor says for me to rest for a week afterwards. That puts it on the 4th of May, about 20 or so days before my first exam.

Think I'll be fine? Or should I see about rescheduling it for July?

That depends on how well you usually perform in exams and whether you think you have enough time to prepare yourself.
However, rescheduling for after exams might mean a difference between grades, and those grades will stay with you forever, so personally I would call up and see if other arrangements can be made. However, what does the doctor mean by "rest"? If he means physically rather than mentally, then you can still read and write and shouldn't have to miss a week of revision.
Speak to your doctor and see what they think- are you likely to be able to do nothing for a week and slowly build up, do you just need to not do anything too strenuous and how likely is it you'll still be feeling the effects a month later. It also depends what the operation is- will not having had it by exams cause you more discomfort while they're still going on than the potential after effects of the operation, for example. No-one here can tell you and they can't even for sure, different people react in different ways, but they'll know you and the operation best and should be able to give you a rough idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Okay thanks for the advice you guys.

Quick Reply

Latest