The Student Room Group

How long between finishing medical school and starting your F1 job?

Pretty much what the title says. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend sometime soon, and I was hoping to have the wedding/honeymoon after graduation and before the F1 job.

However, I realised I have no idea how long I would have in between the two. I realise most medical schools and trusts will have different dates, but I was hoping someone can provide me with a rough idea.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Job starts first Wednesday of August... Allow maybe a 1-2 weeks for relocating/shadowing/induction & check your medical school intranet or ask years above when you usually finish?

We didn't have a massively long gap... Maybe 3-4 weeks I think. But longer than annual leave you'll be able to take in a 3 or 4 month post!
It varies. We had 4 weeks. As stated, you will pretty much never get that long off again unless you take a year out so use it now!

Of note most trusts ask you to attend some pre-registration thing beforehand, normally an annoying 2 weeks beforehand. They do their best to make it sound completely compulsory but in reality they can do it like the day before if you have to.
we have 2 months between end of PfP and start of induction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending