The Student Room Group

Anyone else stupidly excited for university?

Scroll to see replies

i remember my excitement in year 12 too, then results day crushed my dreams init
Reply 21
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I used to be excited but now I'm dreading it. I realised:

1) This country is really boring, except for London
2) London is expensive
3) I have to choose a subject to apply for but I'm not really passionate about any subject and I don't know what I want in life. I can't imagine having to study 1 subject for 3 years, I'd hate it.

I'll only be happy if I go to university in America, specifically in New York but it's unlikely as my parents won't let me take SATs plus tuition is like $60,000/£40,000+

I spend all my time researching universities and courses but it just makes me more panicked as I realise more and more that I don't know what I want. A year ago I thought I knew what I wanted to study, where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do afterwards etc. but now I'm so lost.

Aw no, that's annoying. We are constantly being told that we can do apprenticeships and go into work instead of to uni (straight away or at all for that matter). Maybe a path you could explore?
Reply 22
Original post by SeanFM
Good plan :tongue: have you got like summer school/work experience/ other stuff lined up in the summer? :K:

I study Maths at Bath :tongue:

I've applied to some places and you have actually reminded me to write a cover letter! Haha, thank you! I'm hoping to do some work experience with a barrister.
Reply 23
Original post by samina_ay
i remember my excitement in year 12 too, then results day crushed my dreams init

pray for us loool, what you studying

Aw. Are you happy-ish now or could the course/other things be better? :s-smilie:

Original post by helena1999
I've applied to some places and you have actually reminded me to write a cover letter! Haha, thank you! I'm hoping to do some work experience with a barrister.

Ohh, law eh? I see why you're working so hard now :tongue:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I'm in year 13 and I'm so excited but I keep forgetting the fact that I need to get the grades first 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by emiloujess
I'm completely excited for uni - the course especially I absolutely adore it, even living in a city for the first time :tongue:

But at the same time I am seriously lacking in motivation for revision so it's unlikely I'll make it there which makes me wanna cry :frown:

We are in similar positions haha, I spend my nights clothes shopping and on TSR instead of revising and it's getting so bad! No matter all these blogs I read I can't be asked!!:redface:
pray for us loool, what you studying

loool, will do. you will be fine! just revise as much as you can! i wanted to do pharmacy, didn't get the grades, then i applied for nursing - didn't get in. then thru extra i got "education studies" so i am studying that right now. (double failure, i know) but i am glad i didn't get into pharmacy or nursing - not suited for it. rejection isn't always bad! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by SeanFM

Yes!! My law teacher is keen on my making it as a barrister too so she's been helping with PS and stuff so don't want to drag it out! I could never study maths at uni, a-level is hard enough :frown:
We are in similar positions haha, I spend my nights clothes shopping and on TSR instead of revising and it's getting so bad! No matter all these blogs I read I can't be asked!!:redface:

Yup... well I spend my time looking at places to eat in my uni city :tongue: and activities I can do...

have you looked at uni/course yet? any idea on what you wanna do? (sorry if you've already said)
Yes!! My law teacher is keen on my making it as a barrister too so she's been helping with PS and stuff so don't want to drag it out! I could never study maths at uni, a-level is hard enough :frown:

Aw, how kind of her :tongue:

Fair enough, I could say the same about law or any subject wordier than maths to be honest. :rofl:
Original post by SeanFM
Aw. Are you happy-ish now or could the course/other things be better? :s-smilie:

Then i was very sad about it but looking back at it now, i'm glad i didn't get into my desired course.. content with what i will be doing in the future. :biggrin:
Aw no, that's annoying. We are constantly being told that we can do apprenticeships and go into work instead of to uni (straight away or at all for that matter). Maybe a path you could explore?

Not having a degree will limit the career I can have in the future, and I want to keep my doors open. But I've been considering it and have applied for a summer accountancy work experience which leads onto a trainee role. I haven't decided if I will take the apprenticeship if I get it.

plus I feel like i will be wasting my talents if i don't go to university and will never get a job that lives up to my potential.
(edited 8 years ago)
Only year 12 and I am buzzing for uni, someone tell me it is not just me! I have already started my personal statement lol.

Depends on what uni :colondollar:

If it's Cambridge I'd be :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: scared
If it's Bath/St Andrews there would be some trepidation but wouldn't be as nervous as going to Cambridge
I'm in year 13 and I'm buzzing for uni. Most of my friends are in uni (I retook year 12 last year so I'm a year behind) and I'm looking forward to join them at uni.
Yeah I am, so ready to start and get out of England and go to Scotland in September , had enough of the arrogant selfish idiots near where I live..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm so so excited for uni and I'm in year 10....its probably a bit too early though hahah :tongue:
Then i was very sad about it but looking back at it now, i'm glad i didn't get into my desired course.. content with what i will be doing in the future. :biggrin:

Aw. Good to hear that it's worked out though - happiness is the most important thing. :h:
Reply 38
loool, will do. you will be fine! just revise as much as you can! i wanted to do pharmacy, didn't get the grades, then i applied for nursing - didn't get in. then thru extra i got "education studies" so i am studying that right now. (double failure, i know) but i am glad i didn't get into pharmacy or nursing - not suited for it. rejection isn't always bad! :biggrin:

I have no effort or motivation to revise, it's so bad but can't seem to get into a routine of it!! Hope you enjoy education studies then b, what university you going to?
Reply 39
Original post by emiloujess
Yup... well I spend my time looking at places to eat in my uni city :tongue: and activities I can do...

have you looked at uni/course yet? any idea on what you wanna do? (sorry if you've already said)

Yeah, I want to do LLB Law at either UCL, Kings, LSE, Bristol, Birmingham, some are probs beyond my reach urrrgh. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest