The Student Room Group

Anyone else stupidly excited for university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by samina_ay
Omg i actually loved that song. C'mon be realistic - shes a rose and im a dandelion

Is this song lyrics or am I being oblivious and dumb?
Original post by helena1999
Good luck :smile:

Thank you, and you too!

And re Oxbridge, apply if you really want to go there. Ngl, being from a less well-off background, the whole concept of actually going there (should I meet my offer!) frightens me to the core. All the tradition, the backgrounds of the other students, the 'poshness' of all the staff and students is so intimidating, and I am very afraid that I won't fit in.

But putting yourself out there and going out of your comfort zone only builds character. Besides, most of the students are really just nerds aha, working hard for the subjects they love. Sure there might be some toffs about but screw them and be yourself.

PM me if you want to talk more!
Reply 82
Original post by Serine Soul
Thank you, and you too!

And re Oxbridge, apply if you really want to go there. Ngl, being from a less well-off background, the whole concept of actually going there (should I meet my offer!) frightens me to the core. All the tradition, the backgrounds of the other students, the 'poshness' of all the staff and students is so intimidating, and I am very afraid that I won't fit in.

But putting yourself out there and going out of your comfort zone only builds character. Besides, most of the students are really just nerds aha, working hard for the subjects they love. Sure there might be some toffs about but screw them and be yourself.

PM me if you want to talk more!

I'm not sure if I would cope! I prefer a teacher based learning but have hard Oxbridge is quite independent study and there's a lot required from you. Good luck with it thought sweet, I'm sure you'll do great!
I was buzzing and then I looked at my predictions.
Same. Maybe we are, I'm worrying so much. How are you dealing with it all?

Not very well...

Everything is so stressful with so much expectation and a lot resting on these exams. I don't want to retake anything and if I want to even consider Cambridge I need to get 90% which feels so unrealistic...

You?
Reply 85
Original post by jamestg
Not very well...

Everything is so stressful with so much expectation and a lot resting on these exams. I don't want to retake anything and if I want to even consider Cambridge I need to get 90% which feels so unrealistic...

You?

My big problem is maths, I think I'll easily get an A in law but obviously just working to get it higher into the consistent 95ish%. Theatre studies I'm bricking it for my practical exams, my monologue and groups piece are in 26 days :redface: and yeah like I say just got to revise maths a ton.

I've left it so late, really regretting it now. Stay calm and cram a ton of revision in and hopefully you'll do amazingly!
I'm not sure if I would cope! I prefer a teacher based learning but have hard Oxbridge is quite independent study and there's a lot required from you. Good luck with it thought sweet, I'm sure you'll do great!

Haha thank you

Uni study everywhere requires a high degree of independence, but Oxbridge does have the edge with the supervision system. Have a think about it! And yeah, it's hard work, but it will all be worth it in the end.

I have no idea why I'm advertising Oxbridge so much btw!! :lol:
Reply 87
Original post by Serine Soul
Haha thank you

Uni study everywhere requires a high degree of independence, but Oxbridge does have the edge with the supervision system. Have a think about it! And yeah, it's hard work, but it will all be worth it in the end.

I have no idea why I'm advertising Oxbridge so much btw!! :lol:

I've heard of dropouts due to the stress and high level of expectation and that worries me so much! I just can't wait to get A-Levels done and go to university because then you're secured your place, all of this is the harder bits.
My big problem is maths, I think I'll easily get an A in law but obviously just working to get it higher into the consistent 95ish%. Theatre studies I'm bricking it for my practical exams, my monologue and groups piece are in 26 days :redface: and yeah like I say just got to revise maths a ton.

I've left it so late, really regretting it now. Stay calm and cram a ton of revision in and hopefully you'll do amazingly!

Really regretting leaving so much work for History!! Vastly underestimated the amount of stuff I have to know :redface:

Hopefully we have enough energy and motivation to boss the next few months!! :h: Getting towards 6 weeks to go... D:
Reply 89
Original post by jamestg
Really regretting leaving so much work for History!! Vastly underestimated the amount of stuff I have to know :redface:

Hopefully we have enough energy and motivation to boss the next few months!! :h: Getting towards 6 weeks to go... D:

I think I just wee'd myself a bit :frown: But thinking about it in another perspective, all of the hard work will be over in 2 months and afterwards we can relax and have a well deserved summer. It's just getting the motivation working...I have a little percentage now you've reminded me of the time left.
I've heard of dropouts due to the stress and high level of expectation and that worries me so much! I just can't wait to get A-Levels done and go to university because then you're secured your place, all of this is the harder bits.

There's dropouts at all universities. It's just that, with Oxbridge being Oxbridge, it's publicised much more unfortunately. Have a read of student perspectives, and if you have the grades and fascination for a particular subject, go for it :smile:

Same here lol, I just want to move on with my life already
I think I just wee'd myself a bit :frown: But thinking about it in another perspective, all of the hard work will be over in 2 months and afterwards we can relax and have a well deserved summer. It's just getting the motivation working...I have a little percentage now you've reminded me of the time left.

My apologies! :colondollar:

I usually watch people on YT who were disappointed with their results and that kicks me up the bootay. Although more so now, I can just think back to GCSE results day...
Super excited for uni in September hopefully if I get the grades need an A* in maths
Is this song lyrics or am I being oblivious and dumb?

It is a song lyric , hsm 2 'gotta go'
Yes!!
It's actually ridiculous, sometimes I get so excited I cannot sleep, like an 8 year old on Christmas eve all over again! :biggrin:
The suspension would kill me! Oh god, I feel like that with my city - Plymouth - but the uni students love it!! and fresh start for you I guess.

Ahaha I've got an testing for one on the 21st April and then I've got a wait even more for my actual interview, they're really close to the 5th may deadline if I'm honest ahaha. And see with Manchester it's really hit and miss, it's absolutely dreadful traveling through and commuting etc.. but people love the nightlife, I hate it personally it's just too busy..aberdeen is alot more of the way and much much less busier ahaha. And yeah it is I've had an awful lot of problems academically, personally etc. Getting out of my local area is rhe best thing aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
And I live in Manchester, worse place in England I've ever experienced, even people who I spoke to at the uni said they came to Manchester once and said 'never again'.. pretty much sums everything up right there 😊😊😊.

Oh you poor soul. If you think manchester is bad then i feel sorry for you in Aberdeen. Also, how can make any negative comments about UoM when you're going to Robert Gordon uni lmao. The area around Manchester uni is fine. And there's always lots to do in Manchester itself

From experience i can say manchester> West and North London.
A woman was actually beheaded 3 mins away from my house 2 years ago lol.

I think the shittest area in england is liverpool though. It's full of scousers
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lawliettt
Oh you poor soul. If you think manchester is bad then i feel sorry for you in Aberdeen. Also, how can make any negative comments about UoM when you're going to Robert Gordon uni lmao. The area around Manchester uni is fine. And there's always lots to do in Manchester itself

From experience i can say manchester> West and North London.
A woman was actually beheaded 3 mins away from my house 2 years ago lol.

I think the shittest area in england is liverpool though. It's full of scousers

Personally preference but uom and man met are just way too busy for me. And I know a lot of people who went to Aberdeen uni from my college actually and they said it's the best thing they've done, I can't go to any uni like that as I don't have the a-level requirements they want, but I've been extremely discriminated by man met when I went for an open day last year. Needless to say, I've had enough. Rgu were extremely nice to me about my personal problems and has contacted me frequently to ensure everything's okay etc. The unis around Manchester have been complete idiots with me, in terms of my health issues. . So. Each to their own

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ♥Samantha♥

1) This country is really boring, except for London

this is so wrong, clearly never had a night out in Manchester
Original post by Tabstercat
this is so wrong, clearly never had a night out in Manchester

Yeah... I'm never living in the North.

Quick Reply

Latest