The Student Room Group
Reply 1
oh and what does preference utilitarianism mean :s-smilie:??
Reply 2
Hi there!

Classical and Hedonistic utilitarianism are one and the same! It's the original consequentialist theorie proposed by J.S. Bentham and the J.S. Mills later on.

This form of utilitarianism holds that we should maximize happiness in the world. Thus, it's often referred to as hedonistic as it assumes hedonism, which states that 'the only intrinsic good is happiness - as that is what we all ultimately hope to achieve'.

On the other hand, preference utilitarianism states that what we should maximize is individual preference or welfare. It's most commonly advanced by economists apparently...

I've attached some of my revision notes which has a brief section on this stuff... It did had a snazzy background; but it got lost in the transfer to my pc. :frown:
Reply 3
OMG I SO LOVE U FOR THIS!!!!!!!

ive been trying to make condensed from the aqa hamiltion book notes n have been finding it super difficult and u giving the notes has made life so much easier thank u sooo much

X
Reply 4
Howdy there!

You're very welcome - glad I could make your life a littler easier! (bear in mind that I wasn't writing those notes with others in mind though) :p:

Hamilton's book is awesome, I have to say. You could probably do a degree with that as your foundations. Of course, that makes it not very good for revision for though... ^_^

And good luck in your exam!
Reply 5
i agree the book is great but with 4 days to go last thing u want is read the hamilton which literally scares the daylight out of me lolz. Are u doing the unit 2??

X
p.s thanks again :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending